Old 08-24-2012   #1
Anybody running rafts down Lower Blue

Thinking about squezzing my 12' down the lower blue all the way down. Looks like it is about 400+? I have done around 500 with not too many problems, but was also in a mini-max. My 12' is skinny too @ 5.5'. Anybody else out there?

Salto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #2
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
I ran it yesterday at 433cfs in my 143R with no problems.

That said, I kept my rig as light and tight as I could and I've rowed that stretch enough to know what to expect at low water.

If you don't know the water that well, or aren't 100% comfortable at these levels I'd advise you sit it out and wait for the flow to come up a bit. If you do go, I'd suggest you leave the Tevas at home and wear some wading boots or sturdy shoes since you're pretty much guaranteed to get stuck in a few spots and will probably have to do a bit of boat dragging in others.

It's not impossible at this flow, but it ain't easy either.
slavetotheflyrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lower Blue or Upper Blue Sat 7/21 radman152 Kayaking | Trip Planner 2 07-20-2012 02:51 PM
Anyone know if Lower Mesa is running? Or PNW is running? Flying_Spaghetti_Monster Whitewater Kayaking 13 11-24-2011 02:29 PM
Rafts Running Waterfalls - Green Truss, White Salmon raftus Whitewater Kayaking 5 04-16-2008 01:27 AM
Lower North Saint Vrain, Lower Blue this week? (Tuesday?) spthomson Kayaking | Trip Planner 4 06-22-2004 12:52 AM
running the blue, shoshone or gore next week Matt Whitewater Kayaking 0 10-25-2003 02:55 AM

» Classified Ads
Wavesport Super EZ

posted by MaxInTexas

There is a lot of life left in this Super Ez. No major...

Jackson Karma Large

posted by Mmcquillen

2016 L Karma, used for 1/2 a season. Bought it new in July...

Used Pyranha 9R...

posted by Rendezvous River Sports