Old 03-13-2008   #11
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995

I'm just relaying these messages as they come in, hope no one gets stranded down there due to bad info. Sounds like the thing to do would be call Redtail Avaition if you're serious about launching in the next week or two.

---------------------------- Original Message ---------------------------- Subject: [utahrafters] Re: THERE IS ICE IN DESO
Date: Thu, March 13, 2008 2:37 pm
To: utahrafters

It appears that multiple parties confirm ice above Jack Creek as of last night. From the sounds of it they are not ice dams but that the river has not thawed in a few places. The pilot at Redtail mentioned that it appears that water may be flowing on the surface of the ice in a few places but he does not believe it likely to break within the next few days.

Enough evidence for me so we got delayed our launch by a day and are doing a San Juan float instead. Warmer, no ice...a section of river I have never done.

Thanks to the invested parties who clarified the information I
obtained yesterday. I have since received an email from Redtail that notes the undue optimism and restated the presence of ice.
Off for two weeks of floating.

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #12
Any word on the ice lately?

pcrawford is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On