Old 09-14-2012   #1
Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
any ideas for this weekend ??

pretty slim pickins- havent givin up on season yet ! gotta be somethin out there. shoshone is running, waterton, royal gorge, think thats about it. any secret gems im not aware of buzzards ??? im down for sat and sun. steve

Skillkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #2
Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
c mon buzzards ! whatcha got ???

Skillkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #3
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Elf flow Pine Creek and Numbers.....that's what I got...of course I only have to drive 10 minutes to be there so the flow isn't too important. I will continue to boat the Ark until it freezes over.
GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #4
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
They turned the Taylor off so don't even think of coming over here

Although there is still 530 into the Black/Gunny Gorge so maybe reconsider
"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #5
Bailey,Vanbydriviera, CO, CO/ bingyomoney
Paddling Since: 2004
whats wrong with GORE?
"Those who are willing to trade security for freedom deserve neither."-Ben Franklin
badswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #6
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997

Was a bit confused on your Benjamin Franklin quote, you probably were simply attempting some humor, but I thought, especially during this time in our Country, I would share the real deal...

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
GearDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #7
Montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
New to CO, looking to do whatever I can before the season completely dies. (Doesn't help I'm hearing all the Gauleyfest stories from my crew back east.) Would love to get out this weekend. Whatcha thinking?
PAtransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #8
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
The gunny gorge was still a lot of fun last weekend... Not to bony, but definatly tight and technical lines thru a couple of the rapids on day 2. We did it in a mini-me, and a ducky and it was perfect. There were a couple 12' rafts, and one that looked like a 14' running it last weekend, and I was thinking "I am glad I am not in a wider boat" after 3 or 4 of the rapids. Grand finale is tight @ 560, Highly recomended!
Floatin mucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #9
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
YLA mission
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012   #10
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 1985
Rio Chama Wilderness trip 9/22 on 900cfs

Just received confirmation from May Carlson at BLM office that Chama flow 900 cfs will continue through this weekend:
"Looks like the higher flows will go through this weekend. We should be back to 600 by Sunday/Monday and then the flows will really go down by the 2nd week in October."

I'd like to run a Chama Wilderness kayak self-support trip 9/22 and asking for others to carpool and/or shuttle with. 900 cfs is plenty for rafts as well.
I can leave Albq early Saturday 9/22 with crew cab and plenty of room for others & boats.
We will still need another vehicle for shuttle purposes, or we can split the cost of commercial shuttle. Also BLM fee of $5 each and private ramp fee.
Spending Saturday night in the wilderness section should allow some time for hiking and we can take out at Big Eddy Sunday late afternoon.

Chama Wilderness section is a beautiful river and often hard to get on due to regulated flows and hard to get permits, which are not required after Labor Day. Weather looks good and the flow is great so let's get in a last trip for the season. Looking for locals and just posted to Albuquerque Kayak Meetup, but thought I'd though it out to the Buzzards as well.

If interested post a reply or PM.
Scott C

Rojo is offline   Reply With Quote