Old 09-21-2011   #1
boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2006
30 Sep MF Salmon

Myself and 3 other catboaters are launching on the 30th of this month and plan on taking out the 6th of Oct. We had a couple other people lined up but they fell thru over the past few weeks due to work.

Its going to be 'low-ish' on the trip but were launching from Boundary with light gear. We have all the group gear lined up and have done this river quite a few times, so if you want in, let me know! We are a group of 30-50 year old guys that drink to moderation or excess, depending on the day but are very responsible on the river. You can kayak or raft, whatever you feel like (remember if you kayak the beer/day/kayak equation goes down a little)

The cost is only that of the river fees, shuttle, gas and food. (figure 100 bucks give or take depending on how many vehicles we end up with)

There may be an animal or two getting shot at during the trip, so super hippies may want to rethink their plight before committing.

Im going to be leaving town for a couple days here in 3-4 hours, Im not sure about internet access where Im headed, but shoot me an email if your interested!
fireman9500 at hotmail dot com

fireman9500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #2
TOUCHDOWN, Mississippi
Paddling Since: 2000
I boated the MFS with these guys last year.... great group of guys!

OleMissBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011   #3
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
don't doubt they are great guys the math seems fuzzy though but what the hell.

I haven't been able to put together a 7 day trip for less than about $200 but we do eat well.

Even assuming you can get 4 cats on one rig shuttle is going to be minimum $225 to $250 plus gas so you are well over three hundred. Per person fees of $28 add another $112. You are over $100 per before food and that is with everyone going in one vehicle. If you can really pull this off I want to come touch you and see if it rubs off on me.

Did I miss something?
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011   #4
most weekends up on the payettes, Idaho
Paddling Since: 83
Just a heads up on chuckar

You may know this but this year you cannot shoot chuckar off any boat----doesn't matter if oar powered raft or not.

Last year one of my buds got an elk above Indian creek and had made arrangements for heavy gear (beer) to be flown in at Ind Cr. and flew the elk out. Pretty sweet.

Good luck on your trip. Wish I could take you up on it.
Floated Hell's Canyon this last weekend. Lots of chuckar, hopefully you'll see a few.

The fishing should be outstanding.
Sidnye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011   #5
pocatello, Idaho
lainching the same day and thinking about flying the wife in or out at either big loon or B. if anyone is going to be around those dates and wants to fly anything in or out ,let me know. Sept 30-oct 4. hoping to fly out the 2 or in the 3rd.
fiya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011   #6
boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2006
I should have been more specific. The people involved will be expected to bring a day of food for the trip or pitch in if they want someone else to buy / bring. I didnt really word that very well. The 100 bucks is for shuttle, river fees and gas. If we need another vehicle (have room for 6 in the first that is leaving from Boise) then the price will go up but hopefully not too much. On a side note, we will be eating more on the basic side of things (Elk steak, Rib-eyes, brats, Hamburgers, Chili, ect.) to keep weight down.

1 car with 6 people x 100 = 600
-168 river fees
-325 shuttle / gas
= 107 for gas for the to and return trip.

The 4 of us are sharing cooler and dry box space for weight saving and are bringing rolled cats, thus the extra room.

I have gotten emails from 2 people so it sounds like the first car is full. We have another truck and trailer set up that is available if you want to make it.
fireman9500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011   #7
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Thanks fireman I hope it didn't sound like I was busting on you I just couldn't figure it out. I appreciate the offer. Been trying to figure out a little quicker trip with a buddy but I am not quite there yet. I will keep this in mind but pretty sure I can't swing another 7 days with the spousal unit, forgiving and kind as she is.

carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote