Old 03-13-2013   #31
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Yes, 2010 didn't even seem like the Lochsa was going to go over 4', it didn't in May with maybe a brief exception. Then the rain hit, and it went to 7.5, what fun it was! 2011's snowpack was ridiculous, we had flooding in our neighborhood for a month. Even though April/May snowpack was high, some came very late, as the SWE saw a significant rise the end of May/early June. Then it started raining.... This is all a good reminder that river flow is not just snowwpack, you never know what is going to happen. Let it snow!

I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #32
Louisville, Colorado
The trip is the third week of June. So far I think it is four rafts and one kayak.

catwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #33
Tenacious B
Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
I'd take my ten year old. Be smart about the floating order of boats. Rent or borrow him a drysuit, get a hi float pfd and go for it. The Main is a BLAST at higher flows.
Put a gopro on his helmet so he can show all his friends back home what a badass he is.

Ben Bade is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off