Old 08-06-2007   #11
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
I like the unyielding guarantee that Gary will injure himself once every 14 months; thereby insuring that we will once again endure Edgeworth shenanigans; up to and including:
  • egg-tossing at No-Fun
  • brawlin' with BV high schoolers
  • goading his buddies into 'letting their hair down'
  • Moving to Jackson...then to CO...then to Glenwood...then to Dgo...then to ????
  • shit-talking on the Buzz
Love ya buddy. Take it easy on the Ben and Jerry's while you're watching "The View", Pillowbiter.

My favorite emoticon ever:

El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #12
185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
-Its 103 out and your not sweating
-Telling girls in the bar that you are a bad ass mofo kayaker and they tell you to f off
-Doing a new run that you have never done before with people that have never ran it so you are getting out of your boat every two minutes cause you think that the class V+ rapid is ahead and every turn could mean ice cream
-The smell your booties make inside your boat and then it waifs into your nostrils when you pull of the skirt

970-217-21 six six
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #13
Avon, Colorado
I like wearing the cool kayak gear and looking at fish underwater when I am upside down. Checkout my website for a complete kayaking instructional video. Trust me, it's good!
Edward-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #14
  • Blue Angeling something hard with your boys, and not worrying about anyone. Just charging.
  • Greasin a line
  • Boofing, S turns, Slides
  • Ice cream & mustaches
  • Surfing.
and all the other stuff about being in the now,the moment, the memories and the anticipation of the next trip or rapid.
JJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #15
Send a message via AIM to AdrenalineRush Send a message via Yahoo to AdrenalineRush
THat slow-mo feeling you get when you have no choice but to hop over a rock into a massive hole...the feeling that says heck yeah this is gonna be awesome
There's a thin line between passion and obsession...I live it
AdrenalineRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #16
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
-The fact that "scared shitless" and "having the time of your life" become synonymous
-Being insane enough that you think strapping yourself in a little plastic boat and throwing yourself off big drops is fun.
-The moment in the middle of a big rapid when you cease to notice anything outside your boat and the water becuase you're trying so hard to stay upright.
-Getting trashed in a hole then pretending it was intentional "playboating"
Oopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #17
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
El Flaco, first let me start by saying no fun is 4+ at best, unless it's over 450. If you run left just above the falls it is 4- and you are scared bitches. So on these notes eggs were mandatory.

It was Salida HS

As for "letting your hair down" all you need to say is thank you Gary! Thanks for taking me down Vallecito my first time. Oh Yeah, and for putting my skirt on for me cause I was shaking above entrance so bad I couldn't do it myself. Oh, and for Bailing you out of Jail and driving through the night. You're welcome!

Love Jackson, just wish we had good kayaking here. You keep firing up those foothills and leave the big mtns for the men.

Love my ben and jerrys, not sure what the view is. At the rate I'm going with my tv i'm sure i'll know soon.

See above for random shit talking.

HMMM- new thread coming
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #18
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
kayakin memories

watching your friends get chundered in tunnel!

smoking where nobody else has!

that feeling of dropping off that lip and being completely in the moment till you pull it off or get worked

boofing and blunting.

playboating everything
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #19
Moscow, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1995
Self support

That dark space under your boat when you get inverted and aerial

Looking at the spaces, not the rocks

Drysuits on cold days

Feeling like you are surfing the best feature in the country

Doing a new trick, drop, or run for the first time. Like Daniel D said: "You only get one chance to run a drop blind"
"A river is more than an amenity, it is a treasure."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes writing for the majority in New Jersey v. New York
phlyingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007   #20
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
#1: My very favorite part is how you have bills to be paid, misery at work, women on the phone, family in trouble, but yet for the duration of a kayaking trip be it 3 hours or a month, you simply think about kayaking, scenery and your friends. No matter how bad the trouble is. No matter what I've done (lose jobs, girlfriends, and respect) or how bad I'm feeling before (aches, tiredness, wet gear, overcast) - I've never regreted a single day of boating or what I had to do to get there.

#2: Plus when you stomp and simply cannot deny the fist pump.

#3: The community of true friends who understand the above and have been trying since the first stroke to describe it to others. I've never not wanted to have a beer with another whitewater boater.

JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote