Old School 1 1.18%
Necky Crux 0 0%
Topo Duo! 0 0%
Mafia 1 1.18%
Big Gun 1 1.18%
Sniper 1 1.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2005   #11
wasnt it the savage scream (s lee's boat)?

flounderbuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #12
Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1992
Hmmm, 3 votes for the Rocker. Must be the semi-sponsored bro-deal Jackson kayak 303 poser posse, aka marty, darren, and matt. :P Just kidding guys, I don't have to tell you that you suck, you know it well.

My vote is for the Gus, sucky paddlers don't like it, that's okay cuz they suck.

You should put a Phat on that poll too, there is a pretty dedicated group out there for that boat.

badkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #13
Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Re: Your favorite Creek Boat

Originally Posted by JCKeck1
Yes you can run Gorilla in a playboat or river runner- that does not make it a creek boat.
Apparently, you can run it in a Topo Duo also, as was done last year by two NOC boys who got bored with ESPN and Xbox. But I would still say a K-2 is not a creek boat, period - you can boof even a Crossfire, but not a Topo Duo.

Good poll idea!
Join up, suckas.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #14
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Brian that is very funny you CREEKING GOD!!! Considering the constant piton that seems to happen EVERY time you take that Gus out, I am very surprised to hear you not bashing the Gus hard. If your broken ankle could only talk.... POS!!!

Yes, I voted for the Rocker, but I honestly believe it's the best creek boat ever. I was crazy for the Salto for years and still say it's the best next to the Rocker. From what I hear the Jefe is very good, but takes a bit of time to master the front end.

Matt is out of town... hasn't voted yet I am sure, not sure about Darren, but he has yet to paddle it.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #15
ski/kayak bum
gus does well by me!!!
I wish it was a little shorter for my style (my size however wont allow it)but i got used to it (took a little while to get used to alot on this boat but once i did i was thankful for the tricky aspects cause they've made me a better boater).
I haven't owned another creeker so i only have boats I've tried as a comparison.
Diesel is a creekboat as far as I'm concerned as is the Wavesport Stubby!!
I've seen sicker stuff run in those two boats then i care to at this point which in my opinion makes them damn fine creek boats.

double-a-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #16
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Nomad. I see them everywhere now and paddlers love them. Designed to run burl shit.

Dagger Kayaks
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #17
Denver, Colorado
Yeah, with all the T-shirts, visors, sweatshirts, etc., you'd think I'd vote Rocker, but wrong again Brian. I declined to vote because the Gradient wasn't an option. I don't think the Rocker's a bad alternative though... I just haven't had the time to work Craw on the price. Come to think of it, I haven't seen Craw swim out of a Rocker yet. That says alot!

Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #18
What kind of survey is this? If someone's "creeker" is a Diesel or something that the manufacturers don't specifically say is a "creeker" we could be missing out on some valuable info. Like maybe there are some really good creekers out there that aren't "creekers" but people are creekin in them and doin a damn fine job of it, not just bombin down by the skin of their teeth even though they might have the latest "creeker."
fatyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #19
Diesel is a creekboat as far as I'm concerned as is the Wavesport Stubby!!
I've seen sicker stuff run in those two boats then i care to at this point which in my opinion makes them damn fine creek boats.

By that logic, the dancer has to go on the list, as more first D's of things that are still seldom run (Le Taureau, Horsepasture, etc) were done in the great pencil-boat of the 80's.

I say whatever you creek in, that's a creek boat.

-mr. rockit
cdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005   #20
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Seems as though I can no longer add boats to the list, otherwise I'd give it up for the Stubby, Phat, and Skream.

My no-so-educated belief is that the Diesel, Hoss line of boats, Mamba, etc are generally made of thinner plastic, have hard chines and flatter hulls - therefore putting them in the category of river runner. Not to say that the diesel can't go big - Robert made an excellent boat. It would be my prefered one for the Fu, but definitely not for SSV. For me the plastic and pinning strength are all the difference in the world.

On a very exciting note, the new Eskimo Saltos have hit the states! I'll drop a post as soon as I get my hands on one.

JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote