Old 11-05-2007   #1
yellow boat on big T from saturday

yes, I think my boat is still pinned below what we used to call rapid # 1 (1-11) before it got renamed garbage disposal. yes I got my ass handed to me on a platter. and yes it hurt, cracked ribs and broken patella.

don't go too far left unless you want to dry stall off the lip, pencil into the seam, and try to roll up in the runout to be ripped out and tossed like a bowling ball on the bottom of our lovely colorado road side mank.

I know there are some people who have tried or are willing to try and get the boat unpinned. for that I would like to personally thank you! if the water is still up then we might have to wait. I am most likely out of commission, but can definitely offer plenty of reward beer and food $$$$ and roadside support.

please don't risk any person's safety, we can wait til water drops. if anyone wants the whole 20 second story or come up with a plan to get her back then feel free to contact me at 303-929-7007.

mike pagel

pagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #2
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
sorry to hear about your accident hope you get better soon man

rob729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #3
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Bummer Mike, sorry to hear that. I heard some folks did get a line on it before the FD cut them off. Did they ever get a chance to start to yank? It looked dynamic, like it might come off Ok with some muscle/ leverage.

I was thinking a ladder would be a safe way to get out and clip in to it. Not sure when I can get back up there, but if any Boulderites are going, I'd be happy to lend out a ladder for the mission.

I may have time to boat again and try to recover it on Wed or Thurs, if anyone is game.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #4
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: '92
damn son

Hope you mend yourself soon. Let me know when you can hande a bar stool and we can grab some lunch down here in D town soon. Give me a call.
CBrown is offline   Reply With Quote