Old 03-29-2005   #1
Yakpak, Crawpak which is the best?

I recently did a heinous 8 hr hike with my boat. I borrowed a Salamander pack. Without it, I would have left my boat.
I remember seeing a thread a while back on packs, but didn't read it.
Anyone got the skinny on the best pack? Craw I hear you have one. Are there pics?

sward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #2
Craw Pack

I’ve been putting lots of miles on my Craw pack and I give it two thumbs up.

David H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #3
Where can I find a pic or good description of it? What's the bounty? I really liked the Salamander, but would rather support locals, if it is comparable/better.

Old 03-29-2005   #4
what up steve,

i have a yak pak and i really like it. it is very comfotable and it is a gear bag as well. the only thing is that it doesn't pack down anywhere near as small as the craw pak. i haven't used the craw pack, but i have seen it and it looks like a great design. if i didn't have a yak pak i would definitely get the craw pack. it is cheaper, simpler, and smaller. it would be easy to just have it in your boat at all times just in case you have to hike. also it helps support a local colorado boater. you should get the craw pack.

N. Wigston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #5
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
I appreciate the plugs there fella's... Maybe that's the name I will use for them "Craw Pack"... Perfect.

As I have mentioned several times, originally I just made them for myself, but seems that they actually work really well and folks love um. I sold the last of the ones I had built up to Kyle, so at this time I don't have any. But I can probably have more made in about a week or so.

Last time I made/sold about 40.

If anyone is interested, let me know as I will put my order in and don't want to be short.

For those not familiar... they cost $45 and come in there own mesh sack with a loop to beaner into your boat. This whole system rolls up to about the size of a large grapefruit. As Nick mentioned... you will never know it's even in your boat until that time you have an epic hike in front of you.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #6
Would love to hear more about the design. Does the cockpit face in or out? Is there padding in between you and the boat? If anyone has a pic, that would be great for me and probably the craw.

Old 03-29-2005   #7
I'd most likely be down. I'm sure if you put a couple of pictures in the gallery you'd sell enough to make it worth your while.
Jamie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #8
Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1992
Yo Craw, you can sign me up for one of your, uh, craws?
badkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #9
Craw Pak

I would probably order one if I knew what it looked like. Thanks.

JonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #10
Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
I got a "Craw" last year and love it. To be honest I would've paid more for it (It's worth every penny) Super light weight and packable. Used it many times but particularly remember the Hike in to Middle Lime with it. The guys that were dragging their boats lost some skin on the back of their ankles going down and some days off their lives headin up.

Go Dawgs!!!
Happiness is a way of travel not a destination
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote