Old 08-06-2005   #1
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Xmas Grand trip, boatpeople needed!

I just pulled a cancelation launch on the grand canyon! Launch date is December 8 this year. Looks like it will be christmas and new years down there, so I'm going to have to figure a way to rig up a christmass tree on a raft. So in the weeks before christmas during which most of you will be stuck in gridlock at your local shopping mall last-minute trying to find that pair of underwear for Uncle Fred, those who choose to partake in this trip will be rowing down the grandest of all canyons, partying it up and getting it done.

I am definately in need of boatmen for this trip. Many of my usual suspects for multiday raft support can't make it because they just did the grand this summer, and can't get the time off.

Shoot me an email if interested

Ben Petri

benpetri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005   #2
Snowmaker/Snowcat driver
Ohhh,, I wish I could. but unfortunatley for me,, that is my busiest time ofyear,, since I run a snowmaking crew on Vail mtn that time of year. if you said you were putting in on in April,, Id be there, but I cant to the winter deal. Good luck,, and have lots of fun

Showboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #3
I'm in for that! can't really pass that up can I? Have a couple of friends with rafts that would be down for sure. As for myself, a compitent class V kayaker, would like to come along as just that. I'm very serious about making this happen, knowing how hard it is to get on the Grand, I definately would like to come along. Shoot me a PM or a phone call (970-331-849 and let me know what's up
Jaxxon is offline   Reply With Quote