Old 03-28-2007   #1
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Wyoming boaters

any body going to be up for creeking in two weeks i want to see if we could get some runs done starting 1st weekend in april if alots running lets do it, deer creek by casper, deer creek by cody, shell creek, im watching usgs to see when its happening lets creek

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #2
Moscow, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1995
I am going to be working in Jackson for about 7 weeks starting in May. On the weekends I would be down to rally out of the Hole to get on some worthwhile creeks. Do you think there will be water left in the Cody/Bighorns area by then?

"A river is more than an amenity, it is a treasure."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes writing for the majority in New Jersey v. New York
phlyingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #3
Bozeman, Montana
hell yeah

what up in begging of may some stuff should still be runnning popo agie might still be running only couple hours from the hole shell creek might be so stay in touch here's my number when you get here 307-797-1665
Old 03-28-2007   #4
Cody, Wyoming
Hey guys,

1st of April is still way early for anything in the bighorns, last year we got on Ten Sleep the 1st of may and it is more then likely the first to go off in the range. As soon as something goes I will post it but i wouldnt plan on anything untill the end of April unless it gets realy warm. For the most part the first 2 weeks of May are the best time for the bighorns to go off.

Deer Creek in Cody will go and it goes when the South Fork Shoshone River Gauge hits 800 and then you can start to plan on getting it, however you have to be very carfull about the tight canyon and river fluctuations. Remember once your in there's no way out and Todd Andrews and I got caught in there in 2005 and we felt like we were boating for our lives although once we were out it was awesome. the only thing that saved us was that I had run the canyon 2 times prior and new it very well. Call me if you plan to hit this one!

Shoshone in Cody is runnable now but the dam will start releasing April 15th and it will be sweet to have water again. The clarks fork runs will start being runnable late April although I have boated Crandall mid April. If the Clarks Fork gauge starts hitting a 1000 start thinking about making a trip.

I hope this helps,

Mike call me if your thinking about coming this way i'm always looking for partners also, and I will be hitting the mighty big horns as soon as they start to go off.

Let me know when ur Deer Creek goes is there a gauge?

Core Mountain Sports
Cody, Wy

"Wyomings Jackson Kayak Superstore"
COLDFEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #5
Bozeman, Montana
Best Gauge For Deer Creek

hell yeah will will have to go boat it all this spring, deer creek will be a go in two weeks we went up last weekend and was almost high enough but this snow could hold it till april 6th or later hell yeah