Old 12-27-2008   #1
WRSI hail mary throw bag ...thoughts?

I just got the 51 3/8 high tensile one for Christmas. Looks to throw great but is a royal PIA to restuff. Any thoughts on how well the perform in real situations? Thinking of returning it cause of the re-stuffing issue. Thanks.

jarraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008   #2
McCall, 83638
Paddling Since: 1988
The Hail Mary is a great concept and has potential for being a go-to design, but I would go ahead a return it until WRSI makes improvements on durability and stuffability. The rope quality is top-notch, as is the accuracy of throwing it. But the bunji cord system needs to be re-designed for easier stuffing. I think NRS has the best designs on the market right now.

nateostis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008   #3
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Just the cool factor of the tight football, and the high accuracy of throwing it, plus the small size so you will always take it with you plus the 3500+ tensile strength make it worth it!
kayapelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #4
Western Slope, Colorado
I heard they fixed they made the mouth open much wider for next year. I called and they told me about a pretty simple fix. I re-laced mine by pulling the cinch thing off and taking the elastic cord that makes the "laces" out from the going around the top and put the cinch back on and now it opens super wide. My friend replaced his elastic strap with string and that worked well too. Not sure why the laces chord goes around the top in the first place but it works sweet with that simple fix and opens way wider than any other bag I've had. Maybe try that first it only took a minute.
whitewater-lifer is offline   Reply With Quote