Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 05-08-2012   #31
The Russian
SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
@OP, depends why the spouse asks you to quit. If you are screwing around and doing something that damages the relationship, then it's fair of them to ask. If they are asking you because they are jealous of your love for the river and they are too selfish to get involved, then it's a marriage breaker now or down the road.

kazak4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #32
Lewistown, middle of MT
Paddling Since: 1982
It's not a river addiction if you're like me - it's something that makes you whole. A supportive wife/husband wants that person to have the thing that makes them whole. If they are not supportive, well.....

I'm lucky and my hubby's lucky as we both love to raft and in the off season we support each other's other hobbies. It's hard with young kids. We have had to take turns on the Grand and the Middle Fork so that one of us is home with the kids. Now that they are older we're all going together now - just picking rivers that aren't crazy. Best piece of marriage/mothering advise I ever got was "Mama ain't happy, ain't no one happy." The other was what kind of woman do you want your kids to grow up to be- then model it. My girls are well on the way to being river rats worse than me!!!!

If you lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known. Winnie the Pooh
mtriverrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012   #33
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: '92
Originally Posted by bob larrabee View Post
I would rather boat than fuck. Given the option I would combine the two. This is not written in stone however, I need to take it on a case by case basis. For instance I would rather do a Grand trip any time but in the dead of winter than screw just about anyone. On the other hand I would rather pork any super model than paddle browns canyon, unless, of course it is flowing 4000. I would also probably have sex with just about anyone before I would go down the upper C on a weekend.

Beer just exited my nostrils and came to rest on my screen.
"We're gonna need a bigger boat"
CBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012   #34
North Bend, Washington
Paddling Since: 2009
Again, thanks for all your replies. I will be taking all things in to consideration and yes- I know it's not just about the rafting- but so much more.
I also love hearing my boys say that they can't wait to go rafting....not about to deny them that anytime soon, but I guess I'll have to decide just how that's going to look in the future.
I appreciate you guys. Even the crusty, obnoxious ones...

Kendi is offline   Reply With Quote