Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 10-31-2004   #1
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Send a message via Skype™ to colopaddler
would like more info from riverwrangler on poudre wave

howdy, just moved to fort collins and looking for water! read your info on the wave east of college ave. i am assuming you are talking about the wave/hole just below the lowhead dam about a block east of college ave. how do you access it without getting cited? how deep is it, and have you noticed any signs of barb wire ( I hear it is something to be aware of when running thru town)....my home phone is 970-988-2494 if you are looking for someone to paddle with..any info is greaatly appeciated....cheers, Scott

colopaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #2
Mad Scientist/Creeker
It's deep enough but not real deep and you can legally? park at the CSU research center on the southeast side of the river and College. I heard that yesterday it was a little too high and was kind of flushed out. No barb wire that I have seen and big eddies too. If you are jonsing to get wet it's kinda fun.
RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
seeking out FLOW info on the m-wave milo Whitewater Kayaking 6 04-16-2006 05:47 PM
Wave Sport Poudre River Demo Brian @ the Mountain Shop Whitewater Kayaking 0 05-29-2005 07:15 PM
Yo Riverwrangler, where's that AR pic from? sward Whitewater Kayaking 4 03-25-2005 10:32 AM
Water levels on SF Poudre and upper NF Poudre above Haligan? paddlepin Whitewater Kayaking 0 06-10-2004 05:17 PM
Wave Sport Ace 4.7: Info and paddler weight limits?? Garner Kayaking | Gear Talk 1 04-16-2004 05:31 PM

» Classified Ads
Liquid Logic BRAAAP

posted by pjmacnaughton

Liquid Logic Braaap Whitewater kayak 69 gal black/green...

Wavesport Super EZ

posted by MaxInTexas

There is a lot of life left in this Super Ez. No major...

Demo 2016 Jackson Karma...

posted by 4CRS

Used 2016 Jackson Karma Unlimited whitewater race kayak -...