Old 07-16-2007   #1
Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999

Hello my name is Eric Bissel and I live in Colorado. I started paddling in a tandem open boat canoe in North Carolina, and progressed to whitewater kayaking. I moved to Colorado shortly after high school and have spent the past years getting to know the rivers and community of the surrounding region.
I come to you as your community ambassador for the new web site known as This brand new sites purpose is to attract the kayaking community and hold it together by providing site content from the community itself. It will provide a place where one can go to get a bead on what’s going on and what’s to come. Things like trip reports, news, events, and river descriptions. One of the coolest features is the river description portion of the site we call river wikis, the wiki department is a place where local paddlers go to add content they think is fun, noteworthy, or important to already existing information. It brings the river description to life. offers paddlers of the area to have another chance to shape their community besides the river wikis, and that is done by creating their own personal blogs where each paddler can express his or her concerns, feelings, pictures, or good times recently experienced while paddling.
The Worldkayak site is only a success if the community comes together and shares experiences with the rest of the community. I strongly urge you and your paddling buddies to get involved at and play an active role in your community and help shape it for the better.

ericbissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #2
Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
any questions email me or call 303-475-0083
ericbissel is offline   Reply With Quote