Old 10-17-2006   #1
Woody Custom Paddles repair needed...

So I bought one of these paddles last summer and it worked great until it broke. The blade cracked in half as soon as I got home from colorado to glorious, NC. Anyways, I havn't been able to get in touch with Wayne or anyone from Woody since, it appears they have quit making paddles or something. Regardless, I am sick of using POS werners that only last me 3 months and would like to get my Woody repaired. Does anyone have any info on how I could possibly get in touch with Wayne and see about getting my poor blade fixed? It was a killer paddle and I really want to be able to use it again. It's been sitting pitifully in a corner for over a year now collecting dust. Way to much dust for something that cost me 2 months pay!

kymeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #2
Woody Paddles has folded for good I believe. I can understand your paddle dilemna, as many other paddlers here are in the same position. You can search previous posts for more info, but basically plan on trying to find someone that is good working with resin and fiberglass to fix the blade on your paddle. I wouldn't try it yourself, although home depot has all of the materials needed.

Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #3
pnw, Washington
lol, work in a well ventilated area or you are going to get seriously high followed by a serious headache and probably some brain damage.
"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules