Old 08-05-2008   #11
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Riiiight, you don't need help getting a date. Wait, just one that boats. That's why you posted on the Buzz. To find a date. On the Buzz.

I get it! You must really be looking for a guy to date and this was all code!

Originally Posted by j83soldier View Post
ahahaha jmack shakespere and emmersion combined could not of thought of such a moving piece of lituature. and wow ihowemet think u might be reading to much into my post one i am not whinning just stating experinces. get over it. and pretty sure i dont need advice on how to get a number. but thanks anyway. ill stick with the poetry passed on through this post. its everything a girl wants. romantic, touching and funny right????

lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #12
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Send a message via MSN to producerchik Send a message via Yahoo to producerchik
What's the rush?

Check out my whitewater rafting blog, at
producerchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #13
Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001

Originally Posted by catfishjon View Post
hear is your solution. find a girl that has no desire to learn to boat. then you dont have to try and teach her. find a girl that will drive your shuttle, hang out with your dog while you are on the river, and have lunch a cold beer waiting for you at the takeout. much cooler than boating the milk run and cleaning up yard sales.

I couldn't exactly "here" what you were saying, but there are plenty of chicks around these parts that can hang without your help. I don't think this guy was looking for a shuttle slave.
KimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #14
Ft Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 92
Anybody else getting this thread confused with the other one? Colorado Women Kayakers Need Cash? $$
duncleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #15
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
This is too funny.

I would like to put in a request too. I would like to meet a hot 22 year old girl that loves to raft and is very generous in the bedroom. Must be well endowed, wealthy, and should have a motorhome. Condo ownership and wine collection are a must, preference given to girls with private jets.

Oh, and you don't have to cook or run shuttle, but you should have some friends that are willing to. Threesomes can be occasional, but must be had. Also you should know how to shoot, fish, and drink whiskey. Not too much whiskey; I'll need a designated driver from time to time.

I'll respond to your PM as soon as I can. I expect that I'll have to wade through quite a few of these so please be patient.
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #16
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Originally Posted by jmack View Post

Roses are red
Violets are blue
We'll run the shit
And then we'll screw

See, it just that easy. Learn to be a gentleman like me and maybe you'll find the woman of your dreams.
jmack thatís too funny, because I distinctly remember having a beer while sitting on the back of my truck after running Daisy when out of the blue who showed upÖah itís your girlfriend with a sandwich made especially for you!

maybe your poem should go more along the lines of:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'll run the shit
And then we'llÖ go into the shuttle that you drove, eat the sandwich that you made me and look at the pictures that you took of me.

And by the way, Iím not complaining. I admit I was little jealous of the sandwich and all I had was a somewhat cold beer and a river funk smelling girlfriend (still slightly wet from dropping Big Wood). I just thought we should correct your poem a little.
wetdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #17
Eagle, Idaho
Paddling Since: '78
Ahh hhahahaa.....this post is pretty friggen funny. I understand though.....seriously. After a few failed attempts at teaching and/or bolstering interest in this crazy little sport we all love so much....I decided to concede. I gave up. It would be better to just wait and see if I run into "her" in an eddy. You know how damn ridiculous that is??? Or even running into "her" at the put-in/take-out??? Seriously, this sport is 20/1....with ferocious vultures on every scene. I understand where this dude is coming from. Its frustrating when you want someone to enjoy all of this with and never have the (ideal) opportunity to meet.

It finally happened for me, I got a cool boater chick. But I sure as hell didn't meet her in an eddy or at the take-out.
GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #18
Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
How to meet the boater chicks

I can offer you a little advice from the chicas:

1. Wash your stinky gear and occaisionally take a shower.
2. Don't even think about asking for a shuttle unless you plan to return the favor.
3. Show up with a cooler full of cold beer at the takeout.
4. Load her boat on top of the truck. (not because she can't, but because you can).
5. Don't forget that she was already boating before she met you, so keep your advice to yourself.
6. When you are sitting around the campfire (most important rule), don't act like Mr. Badass! That's usually a turnoff (especially if you are not).

That pretty much covers it. Lots of Betties out there, but most of the boater dudes just can't handle number 6. Maybe that's the problem???

kclowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #19
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
J83 takes beatdown after beatdown by the Boatin' Bettys. But will he get the message? Stay tuned for another chapter of MtnBuzz Dating Do's and Don'ts.
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #20
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Originally Posted by GoodTimes View Post

It finally happened for me, I got a cool boater chick. But I sure as hell didn't meet her in an eddy or at the take-out.
Well, I met my husband skiing, but he had a hard time keeping up with me! I'd say that he did well because he understood the gist of #1-#6! Very good advice. 20 to 1? And you want one of the 1's? You better make yourself Mr. wonderful, and that kind of guy doesn't whine on forums.

lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote