Old 05-27-2008   #1
Wknd Carnage Tally

Let's hear it. I saw lots of carnage this weekend (myself included). Let's see a shakedown of the beatdowns.

I'll get this started. We had a swimmer in the Big T on Sat. Saw 2 others. On Sunday I swam in the undercut on Black Rock and cracked my nomad (I've been beating the hell out of this boat for 3+ seasons, so I'm still pleased, trying to find a Nomad to replace it was trickier). Then on Bailey myself and another had departures from craft. I would chalk this up to early season rust, but I suck at the moment.

I know their was other carnage, so lets hear it.

sbratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #2
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I saw one raft flip on the Dolores in Snaggletooth yesterday. Actually never saw it go over, just came down and saw it upside down a bit below Snaggletooth. Everything seemed intact when we helped re-flip it. I have a couple photos of the last of 6 boats in that party from Boulder/Denver. PM me if you want copies.

raftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #3
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
We had a mini-me flip on the wrap rock in 3-mile on the Dolores. I then managed to dumptruck the same mini-me on the flat water section at the end after loading it down with 7 drunk people and floating into a rock sideways.
TakemetotheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #4
No seas pendejo
Bonedale, Ra'do
Paddling Since: Nam
Send a message via AIM to Uncle B

Sunday on Slaughterhouse a buddy wasn't paying attention and hit a rock, flipped, then was pinned sideways between two boulders, but was able to swim out, everything ok...
salvation is in the mind, be mindful at all times
J. Kerouac
Uncle B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #5
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to kevintee
I got worked pretty good in Waterton on Saturday. Dropped into Green Bridge and all was well until I crested the second to last wave to drop into what was last time I was there a big wave with a little breaker and was staring into a hole. Got surfed for what my friends on shore said was between 30-35 seconds all the while trying to work my way out to no avail until it finally rolled me and let me go. No swim but it was pretty scary.
University of Denver Kayak Club
Got a boat or gear to get rid of? PM me and donate!
kevintee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #6
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Almost had myself some carnage in the lower narrows.... thanks for letting me join in scott. thanks for everything mike k.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #7
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
I broke a nail cleaning up your bailey yardsale sbratt. It was worth it to see the look of pure terror on your face as your carped for dear life, and then ejected from your boat full of the fear of god, all while in an EDDY!

tally: sbratt - 0, vicious eddy of destruction - 1
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #8
Got my ass spanked in the hydraulic just past the bridge at the beginning of lower narrows. Had to be roped out after being recirc'd for a while. My boat took some unrecoverable hits down the left side line.
Justin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #9
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
Almost had myself some carnage in the lower narrows.... thanks for letting me join in scott. thanks for everything mike k.
Awe you looked fine in there. Narrows is a fun place to be on a Sunday afternoon. See you again in the gorge!

GAtoCSU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #10
Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
i swam in foxton, got a wicked beat down from the whole, think i pittoned into it. thanks again G Rizzle for grabbing my boat

WhiteChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote