Old 05-25-2007   #21
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
I just want to clarify, I am not paid by Jackson, nor sponsored - though Craw did shuttle me to the Numbers put-in once, riding in back of his truck with stinky paddle gear.

I took my '04 Fun up to CKS Paddle Fest, sold it in the sale and bought a '07 All-Star. The boat rocks on the waves, in the holes, and down the Numbers, I'm happy with all aspects of the boat. Other boats perform equally, I'm sure, but when you add the service, the support, and the dryness of the boat, well, it beats its competition. Oh, and besides the toughness of the plastic, which is bomber, the real deal is the reduced weight of the boat, which is a combo of the plastic and the outfitting. The additional sizes are great for kids and women, too.

So, go on Fun haters and Star dimmers, we just know you is playa hatin'!

TimWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #22
To answer the original question

To answer the origial question, I think the reason just about everybody was paddling Jackson's was that you wer witnessing CKS's Paddlefest and the Jackson Team had a big presence at that event. Further, I bet they were trying to get as many people as possible to demo the Jackson line since CKS is one of their top dealers. It was probably as simple as that.

As to why Jackson Kayaks seems to attact a lot of top paddlers, there are probably a multitude of reasons. First, the boats, particularly the 07 models, really do perform as well as the other manufacturers. Second, they are super comfortable and easy to outfit (other manufacturers should take this as a lesson ... it is not only performance that matters if you can't sit comfortably in the boat for 20 minutes at a time). Finally, his marketing and hype, focusing on the positive and his family and friends clearly seems to be working.

"It's All Good"
BobN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #23
They make some of the best if not the best playboats river runners, but I am def not convinced on their creekers. Most people are playboaters but I would not say they make the best creeker out there, not by a longshot. I have seen way too many crack.
BoulderJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #24
Jackson creek boats crack more than others? Baloney. Why do so many kayak shop employees paddle them? They would know and they could get any boat.
cstork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007   #25
Why does no one mention how crappy the outfitting is. That was the only thing that turned me away from Jackson line up. The happy seat,feet, you won't be so happy when it pops and your s.o.l. I have met the whole family and they are great and madly skilled. Awesome people to rep this fun sport, but it is time to make an outfitting like the project series.
mrlaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007   #26
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
Jackson Kayaks

Why so many Jackson Kayaks... Becuase they deliver. Have less warranty issues. Have awesome customer service. Because they fit people. They're dry. They're lite. And, oh ya the designs rock.

Why am I paddling a Jackson Boat? All the above.

Could I buy from just about anyone in the business- yes. Can I get cheaper boats from the other companies-Yes. I bought from a more expensive company because I preferred the kayak performance.

Like I've heard EJ say about the outfitting- "If it's not the most comfortable outfitting you've ever tried- you're doing something wrong." I've heard him say it, sold the boats for three years, and still really didn't buy into it. Until I sat in EJ's boat last year. It really is that good. Now I can set-up the boats just like the man, and it's awesome.

I think that you're seeing more folks in Jackson Kayaks, for the same reason Jackson has been our number 1 selling brand for the last 2 years. If all we sold was Wave Sport and Dagger... we'd be out of business.
I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007   #27
Telluride, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1492
Send a message via AIM to acetomato
What's special about the Project's outfitting? Not asking to be a smartass, I just have not seen the outfitting in person. On the website it looks no different than everyone else's generic outfitting.
As for the happy seat/feet/sweet cheeks popping? Not much of a chance of that without stabbing it with a knife. I guess you could blow up the happy seat all the way and then jump right onto it from a bout 5 feet up. That would be the best way to pop it. But then you'd be a dumbass and you'd have bigger problems than your outfitting.
Don't confuse simple with crappy.
acetomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007   #28
Don't confuse simple w/ crappy thats funny. I think the outfitting is half ass. I have paddled the fun,rocker and star and just wansn't impressed (with the outfitting). I think their could be a more solid setup, rather then blowing up bags to your comfort. I have seen friends blow the happy feet but nothing else, at least while being around. Other then the outfitting, I like the boats. I am a smaller person so I can appreciate the weight of them. You think I like giving in towards wave sport, I would much rather give my money to Eric and his family then WS. I just think their outfitting needs a little work. The happy feet stay but everything else goes.
mrlaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #29
I have had it!

You bunch of tools should stop posting such crap and paddle. You guys sound like teenagers debating video games.

I was on Clear Ck last when with the cold snap this week and saw 4 cars at the Golden Park. No one was on bear yesterday morning besides our crew. We saw 1 group in 2 runs on numbers yesterday. No one was on Bailey today. Lower CC was empty this evening.
People should be out throw'n down vertical feet for the Vertical Challenge or boating their ASS OFF!

Focus your time on what's runn'n, what safety alerts to be aware of, and how you can be a better boater. Their is plenty of good gear, spend time demo'n it and BOATING.
sbratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #30
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to kevintee
Originally Posted by sbratt View Post
Focus your time on what's runn'n, what safety alerts to be aware of, and how you can be a better boater. Their is plenty of good gear, spend time demo'n it and BOATING.
I didn't know I could be out boating CC at 12:15AM that's a revelation! Let me get out there immediately!

Point is we can debate about this while reading/responding to safety reports and also 'throwin down vertical feet' as you put it.

University of Denver Kayak Club
Got a boat or gear to get rid of? PM me and donate!
kevintee is offline   Reply With Quote