Old 12-09-2004   #21
vail and the Beav are great right now you should head on up. look up cyclitic in websters then talk to someone who lived here 83 thru 96. It'll be right again have faith. peace sj

sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004   #22
Hey I'm always wishing for more snow, but bottomless is bottomless. Who cares how deep the base is when you can't feel it anyway? I got a good start on the season and I know that I can expect the same 'ol same 'ol today during my bc outing: soft and fresh.

I will say though that my true "bottomless powder" days at a CO area have been few and far between. But no complaints from me because I know that my fresh line is out there and I just have to go and get it.

aaron w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004   #23
The next zone, .
No snow in Colorado? That’s funny I could swear that I have been wading through 3’ to 4’ of fresh for the past 2 weeks. Colorado may not get the best snow in the world but I for one will be skiing bottomless POW in Colorado for the rest of this season.
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004   #24
DP/ Cinematographer
DP - cinematographer, Boulder
Paddling Since: 1978
Send a message via Skype™ to Brook
Snowing plenty in WY

Togwotee pass (sp) in Jackson was almost bone dry 2 weeks ago when we arrived. The ski area in town still had grass on it. We filmed there for the last 7 days and it was past our waist when we left! We got almost every sled stuck at one point or another.... Almost too much pow if there is such thing. Have no fear, we will get it sooner or later, (usually later than sooner). Its still early for CO.

Footage from Togwotee pass:
Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #25
Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
Nice attention to detail Todd G, I was wonderin who'd get that.

Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #26
telluride, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Jackson Hole, strange weather going on here. Cold as shit, 3ft dump and then rain . Scary!!
mitgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #27
Bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2003
Just be thankful you didn't move back to the DC area to go to grad school after having lived in Vail for 3 years. The skiing here is virtually non-existant. This sucks (although I can paddle year round without too much of a drive). Booth, stop leaving me voice mails about how much snow you guys just got or how many powder runs you just made. I'm starting to get pissed off - I'm gonna have to fly back out there to show you how it's done!
Blumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #28
Originally Posted by gapers
Obviously i'm talking resorts. YES, i've been to the backcountry this season and already rode Wolf Creek for several days. Hell, i had knee-deep before Halloween. Its just not always possible or practical to go into the BC, ya know?
I've never had a problem getting into the BC. If I'm going to the resort I have enough time to hit backcountry. The resort will get their due. I've never had a problem finding knee deep powder at Colorado resorts, but then again I don't give up my stashes either.
Killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #29
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Yo Kent! Good to see you out and active in the community - I thought that the g-friend had gotten the best of you! We need to hook up and make some turns.
303 594-9733

P.S. I gotta throw down a defense of Keystone, which happens to be my home mountain. It's true that in past years it was the red-headed stepchild of vail, but now good shit is going down. The KAT skiing tours are accessing all of the open above timberline powder. Also, the park will be awesome this year - the superpipe is nearing completion. Plus for all of you naysayers, I skiied shin deep powder on the outback all day on Friday.
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #30
Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
Yeah Bud she's lettin me out for a little air. Only been up once this year but it was cherry. You know it takes me a week to recover these days after anything over a foot. Wolf creek was sweet a few weeks ago. I managed to get 3 hikes off Alberta chair and a couple somewhere else (I'm not really sure, but there was about 15 turns of 30 - 35 degreeish stuff). Yeah man I wanna get up and do some of that Kat skiin. Do I gotta deal with all the lifts and stuff at Keystone? They kinda make me nervous. I'm old and scared you know

Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote