Old 12-08-2004   #11
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Originally Posted by rchristianson
I bet Utah is still seeding their clouds!
Umm....Vail officially announced that it does cloud seeding programs. Not that big a deal. Hell, Colorado Water Board was glad they did it, cause it helped with the supposed drought conditions. Its just different conditions for different areas. Cali has the ocean, Utah, the Salt Lake (no idea if that is the reason but what the hey) and Wyoming has.....something. Colorado gets its days and some times it gets killer seasons that blow the rest of the country out of the water.

Just be glad none of you live in New England, land of entire runs covered in Blue Ice. I always heard New Englanders bitching about the ice, but I never got the appreciation for it till I spent three years there. You truly have it good living here, from an outdoor standpoint. So quit bitchin and just go out skiing, it can't be that horrible. As the slightly aged addage goes " A bad day skiing beats a good day at work".

Electric-Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004   #12
CO snowpack sucks???? Gapers is a D-Bag??????

What are you talking about???, in fact I will maintain brevity and say that yes you're right colorado snow does suck and you should definitely make sure to stay within the boundaries where all the good snow is(everybody knows that). People with your attitude should pack it up and take your shitty ass attitude up to Keystone and leave all the good snow to the riders with at least a little bit of drive and ingenuity to go out and find where the deep is BC or inbounds. I moved away 5 years ago and I still come back once a year and find freshies whether it is november 1st in the BC or mid febuary right under the lift. If you want to find 500 inches a year move out to the coast and ski the oatmeal at hood or mt baker
Missin the boat' in Montana

BozonePaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004   #13
Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
why all the name calling? Didn't Cyndi Lauper teach us anything? It doesn't really matter if you live in the mountains or the city, girls just wanna have fun right? So go home, take some bong hits, pop a few valium and chill. . . Think about the good ole days (late 80's early 90's) when none of the pow ever got tracked except by you and your brah's, brah's. All pow is good, create your own reallity, turn the other cheek.
Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004   #14
I love you Kent
ebaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004   #15
Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
Baker. . . "all I know is that there are rumors that your into field hockey players." there are also rumors that we'll be kickin out the jams up in the boat monday the 20th. How about a little Buff pass action sometime while I'm up there. Better get that sled primed. Is that open mic thing stil on? If so we should do a little "Black haired girl"

Oh yeah. . . I love you to man.

PS: Snowpack is always unreal, you just have to be in the right place at the right time. lady luck helps
Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004   #16
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
ooh, nice Doolittle reference!
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004   #17
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Wow, Gapers, sounds like someone pissed on your Wheaties this morning! I know I've enjoyed riding the chairs already. I just have realistic expectations and don't expect big pow pow in the area this early in the season. The notion that November and December are big ski months was dreamed up awhile back by the ski area marketing departments after a good early season or two. They've been pushing early openings and folks have been disappointed ever since. If you're skiing the area on the weekend, this time of the season is for catching first lift, skiing real fast for as many runs as you can, and heading to brunch when the liftlines fill up.

If you want to go places that are totally sick, the great thing about Colorado is that there's no one at the border stopping you. I remember a guy who did just that a while back - threw down for a place at the base of Kirkwood, bought the $1000 season pass, then was back in Breck in February because there wasn't enough snow that year to even open - they CANCELLED their season - and all the other areas nearby were hurting so bad...

Its lady luck - sometimes she smiles, sometimes not, but in Colorado its you'll have a better winter if you don't have unrealistic expectations. We don't have as many 30-inch storms as some places do but we usually have a decent season.

Like with anything else, attitude's the key. The best ski area in the world is the one you're at on that particular day...

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004   #18
Like 14" at the summit this morning!!

ebaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004   #19
Snowmass ski patrol
I'm surprised any one even touched this gapers babble..... Lets see how much snow did Eldora get a while ago so they could open early?.......
Powder to the people.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004   #20
telluride, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Three feet on Teton Pass.

mitgreer is offline   Reply With Quote