Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 03-28-2005   #31
My 2 cents

first D's are cool, core to our sport........respect the dudes puttin in the time and risk.......it will pay off for you later.....

surfing is very cool, lots more assholes, but lots more people doing it........it is far to much fun to let those pricks keep someone out of the water....

pissing matches over minutia online aren't cool.........

cheetohs are cool too, but not too many

MAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005   #32
Originally Posted by marko
Annoyed with people who expect the world to be handed to them without any effort!
Yeah, no welfare here! Pretty good rule to live and vote by.

I really don't know who to side with as I'm pretty new to the sport and don't expect to go anywhere that people will be fighting over. (i.e. BIG WAVES!) Plus I don't want to piss anyone off with an opinion, LOL.

I just wanted to let the authors know, I sure do enjoy reading the stories of "secret places", and I really admire the modern day explorers that not only find the runs, but run them. So, PLEASE, keep your awesome stories of exploration coming. I don't need to know where they are.

Loaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #33
placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
awesome story and photos on christopher creek! hats off to tyler and lippman for the find and hats off to you guys for completing it. awesome stuff! i am loving the irony of this situation. they pioneered it--but did not finish it due to rob's injury. it shows how cool those guys are that they told others where it was, etc. who cares who gets the full 1st D? the sharing of cool new info is what makes the kayaking scene cooler and more welcoming and friendly than the surfing scene. [generally] i live in the telluride area and we have done a few things around here that i beleive have never been done. nothing super classic, but cool nonetheless. i have had my eye on something that is definately video-worthy up in the high-country. i am not man [boy?] enough. it is doable, and it is big. i would gladly share this info with anyone who wants to check it out. i love reading about the 1st D's, and admire those who find and run them. share the wealth.

steven is offline   Reply With Quote