Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 10-11-2008   #11
little rock, Arkansas
Paddling Since: 1978
When my shoulder damage occured, I never really rehab'd. I still went paddling every chance I had. Still went to the pool to work on rolls, developing a stress free bomber roll. I had to make concessions while on the river but never said no to a trip to a creek. Of course it took about six years before I felt it to be as strong as my left side. And, working as a wood butcher I couldn't afford to take any time off. I can again successfully single handedly carry a solid core commercial door by myself. I still don't regret not ever having gone to the Dr. Sorry all docs, but you all know that three quarters of the time, a little TLC, common sense and self therepy will save a bundle of money. I used my rehab funds for the fuel for many a river trip.
dOc-ToR Bob say's a lifetime subscription to a good low brace will cure most all future troubles. I'm on the phone with my best paddlin bud now and he just mentioned how it took years for my low brace philosophies to sink in. Oh well, some learn quicker than others. Some, well..... never do!
My 2 cents worth! T.T. aka !doB

"Ten Thousand RPMs One Mile An Hour"
turboturtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off