Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 09-12-2011   #1
Farmington, Utah
Paddling Since: 2009
Who else thinks Liquid Logics new colors are lame.

I love Liquid Logic boats. I have been in a Jefe Grande of two years, and have hit Class V creeks, and big water stuff with it with no complaints. The only thing I would change is that I wish my Jefe would turn into a Remix 79 in big water. Now granted I have an Ice Blue boat, and at first was a little sketch on the color. But I got a great deal. After a while the boat grew on me. Looking at the new colors I see Ice Blue is no longer an option. Okay what about solid blue? Of coarse people must like solid blue enough for that to stick around..... Nope it is all gone. New colors are a ton of Marble Mix-Em-Up colors, Pink, Riot Green, and Black Ops which seems like a safety hazards, and will not catch your eye in the river or a photo. I know many times while checking a friend, I am not looking right at them I just try to see if there boat is up right, and doing well. I think this would be harder in a black boat. Plus come on blue is gaining strength in whitewater. Why not have at least the option to special order two colors that they are carrying. They have Ice Blue, they have solid blue why can't I just have one or the other. Why must it look like Jerry Garcia designed my boat. Don't get me wrong I love the Liquid Logic guys, and their products, but I hate their new colors.

P.S. I know colors do not matter to most, but if I am dropping the money on a boat I like picking a cool color. And I will take the Jefe or Remix down any river I go on. Pink or not.

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #2
Near water (hopefully), Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008

smauk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #3
Farmington, Utah
I figured something like that was going.
Old 09-12-2011   #4
x, x
Paddling Since: x
they are just trying to be inovative with a limited color scheme, same with jackson and dagger. all in diferent ways.

I think it is kind of cool, and I would be willing to bet you could order a solid color from them if you had planned better knowing there new color scheme would be the opp's. they went that road, and prob. shipped randomly around the country with what they have and try to be creative.

I can see how solid black bottom with full scratches would be hard to see pinned on the bottom or in a wood pile, cave etc. but not too worried just yet.

if that is the least of there problems they are doing fine.
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #5
Farmington, Utah
Yeah I contacted them about a solid blue color it was a no go Oh well give it a year I am sure some of the colors will be back. I do think that is the least of their worries. I never thought of switching from them based on color issues. I love their boats for creeking, and river running.
Old 09-12-2011   #6
Denver,, exhaustion
I'm totally with you on the brighter colors. I also like for my boat as well as the people I'm with to be clearly visible. For the same two reasons you stated....#1 saftey then after that photo ops seriously. fluid had a grey out and I just don't see the point. Sure it looks cool off the water but if the brown hits the fan? .....yeah I want to be seen.
"We should restore the practice of dueling. It might improve manners around here" -Edward Abbey
adgeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #7
Boise, Idaho
Duder they have 12 color options, including 4 decent solid color options. The marble blue looks sick as hell.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I always felt the regular blue Logics look more beat up and haggard than any other color; maybe that's why they went away from it.
Anchorless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #8
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
personally i think the colors they offer are more than addiquete. they have your bright colors if you are worried about a pin. the black ops are for a place far more special than your local roadside run.. Yellow,Mango,Pink, Firebrick,Lime, three different marbles including a blue marble and 4 different black ops colors, also saw something about a LL racing strip.... everything you could possibly want.. if you want a "blue" kayak so bad and the blue marble doesnt do it than sorry broha you might need to restratagize what the color of a boat really means. after all the LL guys went and asked there customers what they would like to see. Im very pleased with my LL boats I also will be the proud owner of not just one Black Ops.

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #9
Bazzaro, World
Paddling Since: 2020
Who cares about thier colors. When are they gona make a good boat?? They've been around for how long and they managed to eek out two good boats. The jefe and the space cadet (although now outdated). Everything esle has been "follow the leader" or "back to the past" like that remax (WTF), we just called that one a Dagger RPM15 years ago.

I think the whole idea of black opps is to NOT be seen, just sayin.

With the great group of guys at LL, I would have expected much more.... so much more!
dirtbagkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #10
All over, The USA
Paddling Since: 1920
Originally Posted by Flying_Spaghetti_Monster View Post
I do think that is the least of their worries.
The new colors are sik but these boats break faster than anything. Who ever is baking the plastic is doing a poor job. A boat should not break after 2 or 3 uses. I don't think the new colors take good photos but they are still cool to look at.

asshole is offline   Reply With Quote