Old 12-11-2008   #11
no tengo
Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
vallecito sounds a little harsh but would anyone here be interested in a downriver race on the upper animas? raft and kayak division. I'll get it together but how much is a fair price for entry fees etc to cover costs of promotion, train, insurance, permit, and some proceeds for charity?

oh and we need a name: upper animas annihilator?

mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #12
The next zone, .
First I dont race. Never will but I like to watch. So I guess you could call me a "fan" of kayak racing...

IMO the best race out west here that I have ever been a part of or seen is the Pine Creek race at fibark... Head to head with enough runs required to prove that you should win. I like that 4 people are head to head and would like to see 5 or 6 in each heat.... Boaters have to prove that they want it.. Any boater that does not give it 100% from the bank will not get to choose their line at the hole...

A given example is that I would bet single boater in a timed heat a salom boater or ej - someone would beat one of DEMSHITZ in piney but you line them up 4 across and no one can seem to knock these guys off the top spots in the piney race... I also bet with all the hoops that have to be jumped through for the pinney race that if it were a time trial only type race that it never would have made it more than a year or two. FIBARK would have dropped it.. But the people love to see and come out for 4 across so it is becoming one of the most popular events at fibark...

I think myself as well as the genral public find the time trial thing super boring to watch - even the gore race. Since they changed the format at gore it seems more of a end of year bro party instead of a race!! Who gives a shit who plays in the band or where the party is at.... I would like to see gore go back to line up 30 or 40 guys fire a shotgun and see who gets to the bottom first.. Now that is a race!!!! How fun would it be to watch say hobie and jed bangin and runnin hard for a win as they drop tunnel 5 feet apart!! Espn would be callin to cover it one year later...

If you want to get more people/media to pay attention plan races head to head and give them something to watch... Even with gates put 3 guys on the river and let them battle it out! Let the single boater timed races die and give us "fans" something worth watchin!!!!

Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote