Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 04-09-2007   #1
Mad Scientist/Creeker
Whitewater of the Southern Rockies -Pre-Order and Sample Pages

The moment you've all been waiting for has nearly come. Whitewater of the Southern Rockies, the new 636 page, full color guidebook covering the entire southern Rocky Mountain region, will hit the shelves in early May.

However, if you want to be the first on the block to receive your copy you can pre-order this bad boy at Whitewater of the Southern Rockies

There are sample pages on the order page so you can see what you are getting into, but believe me, you will not be disappointed. With over 400 runs covered and full page color photos on over 90% of the 636 pages in this book, it truly is The New Testament to Class I-V+ in Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and Wyoming.

We will donate $10 to American Whitewater for stewardship work in the region for every pre-order sold! Pre-orders will also come with a free copy of Off the Couch Productions first DVD featuring many of the regions most classic runs.

Kyle and I will be doing a slide show tour this spring so stay tuned for tour dates and details as they become available.

This was a monster community effort and we'd like to send out a huge thank you to everyone involved. This book would not have been possible without you. To give you an idea of how significant our contributors were in this process - we had well over 150 community members donate photos, writing skills, editing time and monetary support towards the completion of this project and the "contributors pages" in the book are actually 9 pages long!

We look forward to seeing everybody out there on the rivers this season and we hope that our new guidebook will inspire a new adventure or two for everyone.

Evan Stafford
Cub boater: "What do the spiders mean?" Old fart boater: "Trust your intuition." CRCII
RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #2
no tengo
Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
(thats 5 cools for your guys - i cant wait)

mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #3
Golden, Colorado
I just ordered my copy. It will be like Christmas when it arrives.

Thanks for doing this!
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #4
the fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
nice work from what i saw in the sample pages on the publisher's website. looking forward to getting my hands on a copy.
By the waterside I will lay my head.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul.
the_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #5
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
a new bar will be set with this one! FANTASTIC job guys! cant wait to get a copy!
"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #6
ww guide/ frame builder/welder, mobile fabrication gig
Paddling Since: 1988
WOW! I can't wait!

I really like the "character" info..........keep your job..quit your job, bikinie...topless...Very nice touch~!!!
Expedition Gear Rental
oarbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #7
ordered! Thanks!
ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #8
Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Checked the sample pages....looks good. Just wondering, a great thing about CRC was that the book was all you needed. Most maps were in the book...did you guys include maps. For me, that was pretty much the most important part of the book.
jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #9
Denver, Colorado
Ordered! FYI, I used a Wolverine guide to RRG last weekend, they put out a good product.
Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #10
Mad Scientist/Creeker
Re: maps - There is an entire map section in the back of the book and these maps will aid in driving to and from put-ins and take-outs. There are not "river maps" in this guidebook. We chose to leave these out for several reasons. The foremost reason is that our intent was to inspire and at the same time preserve the adventure of the "personal" first descent. Another main reason was that the region covered was so large that including individual run maps was not a plausible option while still maintaining a reasonably sized guidebook. It's huge already.

If you are interested in detailed river maps for the region I know of a project underway which will provide waterproof topo-maps with rapid locations, notes and beta for the wilderness runs where they will be the most useful. You will hear more about this project as it develops I'm sure. So go ahead and get yours, support AW and choose your own adventure.

Evan Stafford
Cub boater: "What do the spiders mean?" Old fart boater: "Trust your intuition." CRCII
RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote