View Poll Results: In which format would like to see the White Water Safety Movie?
NTSC-DVD (USA / Canada region specific DVD / TV) 7 33.33%
HD Download 14 66.67%
PAL (Europe - for non regional DVD / TV) 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2012   #11
Largs, Scotland
Paddling Since: 1985
Formal Training & Experience

Hey Randaddy & Hojo,

That's a good point you raise about real learning.

From the outset, in making this project, myself and Dougie were wanting to put something out there that could be used as a reference material to back up real training & experience. We're not suggesting for a moment that you can watch the DVD and have it all sussed. Its another resource, a reminder, or as you put it Randaddy 'a tool'.

Dougie and I are both White Water Safety & Rescue trainers over in Scotland (a particularly cold, dank and unforgiving country) and the thing we notice more than anything else is that people are human, and no-one can remember absolutely everything that you try to teach them on a course.

We just want to help paddlers do what is fundamentally one of the best things you can do to help your boating buddies. That is; learn more, practise more, be better, more aware and supportive.

There are plenty of times throughout the film that we say "learn about your stuff", "practise', "go on a course", "get out there paddling". I think "go on a course" might even be the last thing we say!

There is no substitute for learning, practise & experience.
And variety is the spice of life. (i.e. courses, books and DVDs)

Bruce Jolliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #12
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Thanks Bruce for the follow-up. As a former trainer of river guides I often relied on quizzing the staff on their skills each season. I would much rather they had watched a comprehensive video to refresh their skills than waste an hour of my time, which resulted in re-teaching anyway. I hope the project works out. If I can offer a suggestion, make sure you have some Americans edit it for colloquial terminology and style so it's appealing over here. I would be less likely to buy something from people halfway across the world if I had the sense that it would be confusing, uncomfortable, or different than what I was familiar with. No offense intended, just a note that "Americanizing" something like this will absolutely increase good reviews and sales. Also make sure it includes raft safety as we have thousands of raft guides over here, all which might be good candidates for this sort of organized information. Best of luck- I'll look froward to your video!

Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013   #13
Largs, Scotland
Paddling Since: 1985
White Water Safety Movie - Digital Download

Following on from our release of the White Water Safety Instructional Movie on PAL DVD it is now also available here via Digital Download here.

Just click the big green button and you can download via Digital Goods Store for 15.75 GBP. Thats less than $25 USD.

If anyone requires a copy on NTSC format DVD please get in touch.

Many thanks,

Bruce Jolliffe is offline   Reply With Quote