Old 06-06-2012   #1
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Where are the photos?

Please stop removing my primary reason for checking the buzz.

JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #2
Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Muslim Hackers amongst us:

kayakfreakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #3
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
It's my fault. I put a picture of a cooler side surfing in the golden play park at 50cfs. Apparently the photo feature committed suicide after that.
On the river, I can abandon who I am and what I've done. However brief it lasts, while on the river I am nothing important and everything insignificant. I am flotsam, and happy to be so.
hojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #4
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I'm not quite sure if the portal photos are coming back or not....

This was the latest on the photo situation, via our main administrator Janet:

"We have some changes coming to the photo gallery and I wanted to make sure you are all in the loop.

A few days ago our photo gallery was compromised and some garbage loaded by a hacker. It's an old piece of software and despite updates is likely to be vulnerable again. We've cleaned up the mess but the photos page has been unavailable to members for several days as we assessed future risk and possible changes.

Several versions ago of vBulletin (our forum software), a Member Album feature became available and we are going to migrate gallery images to members albums. They are much easier to navigate and also less prone to breaking. The gallery categories will be retained however to make sorting images more flexible.

Members will now be able to manage their images all in one place and add new albums as well. A new album can be associated with one of the existing categories or not. It can also be made private.

You will be able to edit your albums, move images from one album to another and edit the names of your albums. You'll also be able to edit images more easily. One final thought... Since albums allow you to leave long comments, you can add trip descriptions, and anything else you think might be interesting right there with the image.

Once the images have been moved we'll post a few screen shots of how you can load new images and manage your Albums.

In the long run this change will keep the site more secure and make managing images easier - in the short run, there will be a bit of a learning curve. Thanks for your patience and we migrate images and work out the kinks."

I haven't really experimented with the gallery since our recent "hacking", but please fell free to share any feedback you have.
GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #5
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
You mean I don't have to look at a photo of somebody's raft rigging on dry land or cooler setup or new raft shade.....? Bummer......
"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012   #6
Currently there are random images rotating on the forums page but you may need to expand the random image window to see them. We're still looking for a good solution for the portal page but have a little faith - we'll get there.

In the meantime you should see a new bunch of pics every time you reload the Forums page - sort of like playing the slots....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Buzzzz random pic.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	4793

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote