I have volunteered to coordinate the sharing of information on releases from Lake Dillon through the Roberts Tunnel. The Denver Water Board has made two stipulations in exchange for this information. First, they will not guarantee a given flow through the tunnel. They will only give the expected flow. And second, they do not want to be held accountable for the information. For instance, if they predict 350 CFS will be released on a certain Saturday and Sunday and the weather clouds up they may cancel the release. If this happens we can not hold them accountable for the lack of water and we can not call them to complain. Currently, we have no advance notice for releases so this will be a big step forward. And in time we hope that the Denver Water Board will try to schedule releases to coincide with the busiest kayaking days/times.
Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding this matter.