Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 08-19-2010   #11
Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Hey y'all!

I will be at Yarmonygrass this weekend and the craziness on the river i.e. the floating stage etc. will be like this:

Put in is at Radium
Take out is at the festival grounds at Rancho del Rio

There will be a bus full of festival goers arriving at Radium around 10.45am and another bus full of festivarians at 11.45amish.

We will all be launching around noon.

If you are truly trying to avoid this raging good time on the river definitely launch from Pumphouse and be past Radium before noon I would say.

Hope this helps!

calendar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010   #12
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002

Looking to put on at Pumphouse around 10 and take out at Rancho around 3.30. Anyone thinking similar and want to work out a shuttle?

kiwi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010   #13
thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
Originally Posted by AKATief View Post
I'd like to take the 18footer down there for the party platform. Will I have any trouble sneaking a boat that size down at these levels?
You will be fine with your 18 footer. Nice to hear the partying and good times are still going on there. In the early 70's when all our rubber was committed to other rivers and the only things left in the warehouse was the big iron, 28 footers and 30 footers to push 30 passengers down the milk run we would grab a couple of them ( 15 or so passengers and gear per boat) along with 4 or 5 workers from the warehouse crew to help with cooking and clean up , also the extra help was needed to just get the rigs in and out of the river. Have fun, sounds like a really really good time this weekend. I might just saunter on up there if I can get away.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010   #14

Hello everyone

Just a heads up there will be various law enforcement officals at the Radium put-in and on the water during the float enforcing various laws. Please everyone bring (and wear) your lifejackets! If you don't have one call Colorado River Runs @ 970-653-4292 and they will rent you one for a resonable price. Everyone out there please respcet all private property on the river, other private boaters, and fishermen. Use common sense, take it easy on the alcochol and heavy on the water. Have fun and be safe.

Thanks, Eddyout

eddyout is offline   Reply With Quote