Old 11-01-2011   #131
Boulder, Colorado
Originally Posted by Randaddy View Post
I was just talking a little shit to keep this winter thread going. I didn't intend any more personal insult than you have slung on here toward a large group of users. And yes, it's good to give new buzzards a little shit, but you're acting like the Pope of Chili Town. You were talking shit about rafting photos when you published a book full of them. That doesn't warrant a comment? We can't point out the hypocrisy of the great Evan Stafford when he's talking shit?

Oh and sorry I had a back injury and you didn't make as much money as you wanted to two years ago for one day. If memory serves you still earned hundreds of dollars for a day on the river. I've recommended your rescue training business to anyone who will listen here on the buzz and in person because I felt bad about it, but it's clear you're harboring a grudge. If you want me to pay you for a swift-water class that I was never part of just call me and tell me, don't bring it up two years later on an internet thread. Sorry you didn't make a fortune teaching a swift-water class to inflatable enthusiasts, but it's probably for the best since you think so little of us. And yes, I'm not comfortable in a kayak. I guess that makes me a pussy, but at least I'm not acting like I have something to prove.

I boat and love it and I enjoy Mountain Buzz because it allows me to discuss my interests with others. It's too bad grown adults have to try to elevate themselves above others. I feel sorry for you.

If you want to talk about it, give me a call. (970) 673-RAFT

You're right all of the pictures in WWOSR is full of gnarly/sick raft photos, or there are lots of great scenery rafting shots which is the only way to shoot rafting unless your russian. Pictures of you running what you think is super hard rafting on westwater are like pictures of people kayaking browns canyon its a cool place but the places are cool not the whitewater. I enjoy looking at pictures of scenery from raft trips but think rafting "action" shots are ridiculous, rafting on most runs any rafters do is easy and 99% of rafters ARE pussies worried about flipping and swimming into a pool, they like most kayakers don't over exaggerate the risk of gnarly class 3.

tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #132
Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1990
Quite the pissing match! Yet, like a car crash, can't keep your eyes from staring!

GC Guide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #133
Denver,, exhaustion
see i even left the pumpkin photo up for over 36 hours before bumping it.

OK i guess i did call out rafters in the caption though.

speaking of trolling, can someone make a troll emoticon. Then we could just use that and maybe less rafters would be offended.
"We should restore the practice of dueling. It might improve manners around here" -Edward Abbey
adgeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #134
Mad Scientist/Creeker
I am the asshole. My bad. I get excited when some shit talking returns and if Lotsawater and Leif Force aren't around, rafters are going to get the brunt of it. If I come off like an arrogant sandbagger it's probably because I am. I did write the Zion Narrows description.

Randad, please do point out the hypocrisy but don't expect the match to end there. If you return the serve expect a volley for the point. I threw that comment in there just to rouse you and I didn't bring up the details cause I knew you'd know what I was talking about and didn't need to bring it into the public forum. Apologies for even going that far and thanks for referring business our way. Back injuries blow, I should know cause I've got multiple compressed discs. Is that really your number 673-RAFT??? that's awesome.

Don't feel sorry for me, I make a "fortune" teaching swiftwater rescue courses. Weird how we offer the cheapest course out there, with the highest level instructors and we even offer a deal for signing a group up, where the leader of the group gets to do the course for free. Look at this I'm killing it, plugging my business and talking smack at the same time.

If you honestly think I was "trying to elevate myself above others," you missed the point by a long shot. When talking shit on an internet forum it always amazes me that anybody takes it seriously. Isn't the point to say the most pompous, outlandish shit? Am I wrong here? "You're not wrong Walter, you're just an asshole!"

GC Guide, remind me not to go anywhere near your raft when you're carrying my beers and gears. 11' is quite the reach.

Wait, I'm not the Pope of Chili Town?
Evan Stafford
Cub boater: "What do the spiders mean?" Old fart boater: "Trust your intuition." CRCII
RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #135
Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1990
RW Kayaks always welcome around my raft! Just not in rapids! (as happens often with some "comercially sponsored kayak expeditions" in the Canyon! Cheers ALL! Rafters, kayakers, we can ALL be pussies in some ways!! (but NEVER admit it!)
GC Guide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #136
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Evan, it's cool. I'm usually the first to talk shit and expect people to take it lightly, as was my original intent. If you got me to take something personal then you won this time.

Yep, that's my phone number; well it's a Google number that forwards to and from my phone. My real phone has a 307 prefix and I can't seem to let go of that, even though I've been down here for a while.

And you might be the Cardinal of Chili Town. Anyone that Oliver Ramirez says is cool is still cool in my book.
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #137
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
If I come off like an arrogant sandbagger it's probably because I am. I did write the Zion Narrows description.
That run is like class VI. On the grand canyon scale. I should know - i saw some photos of it online once - and that makes me an expert.

Sh!t talking season has returned. At least until an odd damn release allows for a mid winters run of the upper taos box. Then we can have one day of boating talk followed by a winter of knotty panties.

Who wants to ride a-basin or keystone Saturday and do some trash talking in person?
raftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #138
no tengo
Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
is this the thread where we post pictures of our cooler setup?

mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #139
Paddling Since: 96
Well played Boyze...
Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #140
Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1985
What would Frenchy do

[QUOTE=Canada;253669]Just a thought.

Sell the website and buy a hard shell.

Canada is offline   Reply With Quote