Old 08-12-2007   #11
Gypsum, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
i dont think there is a bad playboat made today
Basically gh nailed it! Like I was told " they all perform about the same with each one maybe being a little better in one area, so go with comfort and fit" as you learn you will adapt to the "boat you decided on" and over come its "weaknesses" so to speak.
Just remember with today's boats you don't have to sacrifice comfort for performance like i was told by some of the "old school" paddlers. I can spend 6 hours in m boat without a problem and I am in there as tight as can be! So if one makes this hurt or that ache try another, of course outfitting does play a big part also!

PS the star series blows all others out of the water hands down!

stumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #12
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
a free boat is the best boat unless its a bliss stick ohhhhhh slam

agent 6.2 fast boat! gets huge air! super roomy little extra volume for those people that like running creeks in the playboats! sick sick sick and comfy to

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #13
Has anyone here paddled the necky orbitfish
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #14
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
I like the Ronin for hardcore play.. if there is such a thing where I live.

But seriously, any of the new playboats made in the last 5 years are perfectly fine at doing every single possible trick. Maybe not as big as another boat, but who kidding ourselves. When was the last time there was an arial anything thrown down in CO besides for on the western front.

GAtoCSU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #15
pnw, Washington
I have seen huge loops in BV and Salida and watched the Jacksons throw blunts in number 4 in pueblo.
"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #16
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Loops and blunts are nothing new. I'm talking about inverted arials on waves and I think the one near GJ is the only place that anyone can get close to it.

So many of these boats are being marketed for big waves. But, we don't have them. So, it's a waste of money imo.

If you want huge loops do it in a small creek boat
GAtoCSU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #17
river zen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Thanks guys for the great feedback. Heres my deal. I started paddling in 97' took the last 4 yrs off due to getting married, having a kid, buying a house and getting a real job. 50+ hours a week. I just started paddling again and im still paddling my Mr. Clean produced in 1999 8ft long old school by todays standards. I can still throw down but i see all these 6ft boats and I want one. I have a chance to pick up a used All Star and I really like the outfitting of the Jacksons. I dont have time to demo every boat out there because it is so late in the season. So i just wanted some opinions since its the end of the season I figure there are some people out there that have paddled different playboats and everyone on this forum likes to give their 2 cents so i thought i would ask. Thanks again and keep the feed back coming.

Happy paddling
P.S. where is CRASH lowe? Your my hero. HaHa.
Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #18
Indian Hills, Colorado
You still have a solid month to demo, just flows will be low. To get the most boats demo'd in the shortest amount of time, CKS in BV would be a good bet. If you don't mind the smell, Confluence in Denver would be good to. I'll bet either shop would charge a 1 day fee to try as many boats as you want.

Try: Jackson allstar, Liquid Logic Ronin, Wavesport Project, Dagger Agent...others?
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #19
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
I love my Jackson All-Star. No complaints, yet.
TimWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009   #20
harlan, Kentucky
Paddling Since: 2008
Originally Posted by steven View Post
wavesport as a company sucks. i have heard a lot of their boats are breaking and they are making it tough to warranty. i like the ronin.
Liquid logic make the ronin. i got one a few months ago, and it is cracked up. everyone i talk to says that theirs has cracked as well.

jakeboggs19 is offline   Reply With Quote