Old 12-06-2006   #1
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
whats going on at the gunny play park?

whats goin on at the gunny play park? ive had my head in a hole for the past two months with work, medical problems, and what not, so ive been out of the loop, but i did manage to see a bunch of trackhoes, a huge pile of dirt and boulders, and a new, tiny low-head dam just below the last man made feature. anyone know 'tsup?

"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #2
student wasted state, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to vaultman14
yo buddy hope your doing bettter, here's the scoop on the park.

first feature still sucks about the same, might change at higher flow, second feature looks like they destroyed it, thanks by the way that was the best feature and it still sucked, and apparently we have a third feature now that might be good at high flow but minimal eddie access. oh and there are rocks randomly placed in areas that are pointless. oh and remember all that loose material that got washed away last spring with just 300 cfs well that shits there to. all i want to know is what the F*%K. why can't they just do it and do it right. i believe this is the fourth time in the past 5 year (correct me if im wrong) that they have done work on the park and each time they do work it gets fucked up. come on!!!!!!!! the gunnison river is the second larges drainage in the state we could have a kick ass park. im pissed and if you saw it to you would be pissed as well.

please jsut make it right

you know sometimes i wish i would have chosen something like baseball but, i didn't and i'm a kayaker so this is what i do." -Nick Turner (Wehyakin)
vaultman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #3
Asheville, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 98
Yo Josh,

Can you send me an email at johnbryanowen(at gmail dot com) if you have a moment??? I'd like to ask you some questions about the park to help with a little homework project that I've been working on. I tried to PM you but wouldn't go through. thanks,

Bryan Owen
Witness Buoyancy News as it Develops:
bowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006   #4
gunnison, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
okay so maybe i overreacted about the changes to the playpark

since its frickin 60 degrees out here today i had to go check for play-ops and what i saw:

Big boulders were added to the river left piles on both features, 3 or 4 feet higher than the previous obstruction. Perhaps those waves will have eddy access now.

Nothing was really changed on the second, the track ho probably just shifted sediment into the "backwash" and now we need a high flow to dig it out again. As far as the shape of the ledge goes, it looks just like it did.

Springtime will tell :)
&d is offline   Reply With Quote