Old 03-10-2006   #11
Eddy turns with safety meetings!

Like it or not, all of us are the result of a sexual act.
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #12
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
For me, it's the friends and experiences we share. The mental aspect and knowing when you say play ball you're going the distance whether you want to quit or not. The places 99% of the population will never see. Feeling so small in an environment that takes your breath away again and again.

oh yeah and watching friends get pounded in drops and holes, knowing they are getting paid back for watching me get cained. Love this shit

Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #13
Waking up first and having coffee on a beach like Fern Glenn on a multi day.

Sitting down by the River after a good day on the water sipping cognac and talking saftey with your pards.

Good surfs and eddie turns.
sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #14
the mental clarity just above a rapid when everything in your mind is focused only on getting through upright
BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #15
The way it clears your head and sometimes sinuses. Surfing and having all the crap go down stream. Just being on the water at peace.
Doug Poudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #16
Eagle County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I'm with you on that weird burning and strange smell that follows for a while after your sinuses are full of river water from flipping upside down (without nose plugs).
WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #17
I like that feeling when you are doing a read and run, and suddenly you see your buddy, who is in front, paddling like hell and you see the bottom of his boat as he dissapears over the horizon line.
kh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #18
Exploring country from the inside out, so to speak. A vast portion of back country explorers will never see it from my perception unless they get in a boat.

Its very cool to go around a corner and come up on a sow and 2 cubs drinking from the river, or a huge buck bedded down on the bank thinking no one would ever seem him and bam, there I am, five feet from him.

The challenge of learning tricks.

Gosh I can't wait. Guess I'll go take advantage of 48 new inches at our local ski area instead.

Loaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #19
It's beatiful and fun and as scary as you want it to be. You can sleep in if you like and start drinking in the early after noon. or you can get all serious about it and wake up early and hike n-sh*t. If you don't wanna do something hard you don't have to (usually) but you can if you want. And the smell isn't so bad either.. some days I kinda like it. Yeah I know its weird but I'm a kayaker.

johnny portage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006   #20
its all about the car ride. enjoy your bros.

the respect you share with your crew and your crew shares with you.

the feeling you get after you run the Shit.

cleaning you line.

get ready to run the shit.