Old 02-26-2012   #11
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
yeah the Whitewater Course on Bldr. Crk is good for catching eddies [ maybe slalom] ,novice/ low intermediate runs , and T&A, but not so good for play ... Widowmaker used to be better/worse [?] ,trashier anyway... now the Backyard holes [ or at least one of them ,the 1 st I think] and the Justice Center Hole in the 350-600 range are pretty good ... all in all has to be one of the most fun easy creeks as a 2-3 run.

cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #12
Denver, Colorado
It would be good if Littleton redid a drop or two,even just widen the boat chute a little and deflect a little more flow down them, at Leigh Gulch. They built a nice parking lot/bike path access a few years ago, with picnic pavilion ,porta -potty ,etc., near the river. A lot of tubers,K-Mart rafters,canoeists,and beginner kayakers go through there. At least they could make one of the 6 drops [ 3 pairs,one tiny and one medium sized drop in each] good,probably #4. Much cleaner than Union or Downtown.

Florida drop could be made into 2 or 3 drops next to Ruby Hill Park. They are doing work down by Zuni, the drops don't look too good, but we'll see with water. I heard they ARE going to redo Dead Dog ,the one drop I don't want them messing with,best on the town run at high flows.

Old 02-27-2012   #13
x, x
Paddling Since: x
golden needs cleaned out. most of the drops filled in with sediment and was not really "in" last season. any option for that?
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #14
Originally Posted by yak1 View Post
I think they're going to install a boat lift at the one in Pueblo so when you get to the bottom you just paddle up on a conveyor belt to take you back to the top
Are you serious? Save the money and invest in more features! What a lazy American idea.

Lawson Hole was "fixed", and yet it has never truly been fixed since they destroyed the original feature. Still can't loop creek boats as well as the good ol' days.

Golden needs help, and has needed help for years.

Union Chutes so rarely has water that I'm not sure it's worth trying to "fix" anything there. Especially since the features are fantastic when there is water. I would hate to see Hollywood get replaced by some beginner friendly eddy line. Better yet, maybe we can ask for flow releases.

The lower clear creek diversion dam isn't that bad... pretty straightforward line at most levels, and it's possible to cartwheel out of the hole if things go horribly wrong. Well, maybe not in a raft.
Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #15
Denver, Colorado
No don't change Union,the last time they did they ruined the last drop.Maybe improve Oxford , 1 block downstream of the U~hole,then you can take out there,has parking. Liegh Gulch /Reynolds landing is in the C470 to Mexican resteraunt or Union run/ south Denver beginner float.It gets run a lot.
Old 02-27-2012   #16
Shit Creek, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
2 things about the dam on CC. The rebar scares me, I may just go fix it. I have access to some pretty sweet tools that would make it fast. My balls are too small. I think more because the drop is man-made and the rebar. Also, now my wife keeps them locked up somewhere (maybe with my money?) even though they were small to begin with.
Good to talk to you all, I need to go vacuum, fold laundry, do the dishes, take out the trash, meditate, and drink some trendy tea. No, really.
Speak of Peace, (but carry a big gun)
powdahound76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012   #17
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Friendly wave

Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
I think its about time they reworked Boulder creek. A play park between Lyons and CC would be nice.
There's a super friendly wave next to the library at flows of around 300cfs. Spent an afternoon surfing that wave, talking to a local who thought I might be able to somehow paddle upstream all the way to Ned. He had a lot of good ideas.

Nessy is offline   Reply With Quote