Old 05-21-2008   #11
pnw, Washington
acuvue 2. I did a poll a few years ago and everyone said they do great in water and they are right. never had one move or pop out. i wouldnt wear them all the time cause my eye doc says they arent as good as newer brands for full time use but buy a couple of boxes and they will last a long time since you will only be boating in them.

"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #12
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
I just use my glasses too. Swimming and diving for most of my younger life (NCAA), I just can not close my eyes when under water, so contacts tend to float away. I have actually found that a larger lens on my glasses works better for me as my eyes get splashed less and I can see better going through rapids. I do not have a problem with fogging because I use divers drops (scuba). You put a drop on each lens and swirl it all over. Let it dry and then dunk in water to clear the swirls. Works great and if it wears off from too many times upside down, I leave the bottle in my life jacket for easy reapplication. You need to go to a dive shop to get the good drops.

Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #13
Boulder, Colorado
I second the Accuvue II lens suggestion. Been using them ( the 2 week model) for 3-4 years, I always look around wildly while rolling and I've never lost one. My eye doc just switched me to the daily disposable version and they've worked ok but only for a couple of days. She was grossed out by the idea of reusing lenses that had been in the river....
yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #14
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I believe that a substitute to buying the scuba anti-fog stuff is baby shampoo. It's been a while, so I might be wrong on that.

I've been using daily disposables. My eye Doc. to me that she was prescribing me a "sport fit". It think they are a bit tighter, but not sure. They move around a bit at the beginning of your first run, but after maybe 10 minutes they don't move. I even have a hard time getting them off. I actually just tore one getting it out. That might be due to that daily being in for about a week, and that I'm new to contacts.

bwilkins is offline   Reply With Quote