Old 08-04-2010   #1
Fort Collins, CO Summer Paddling Since: 2003
What do you all think?

I posted a picture of, in my opinion, a douche bag raft guide. I am wondering what you all think? Please check out the picture of the "douche" raft guide R-2ing with his 7 month prego wife (swimming her) and his 1 1/2 year old daughter. This picture can be found by going to Gallery ->river running, and then clicking on the larger of the two pics. WHAT A FUCK-UP!

BrownTrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010   #2
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
is there something you'd like everyone to think? All I can see from the photo is that a guy is taking his family on some Class I water - we don't have any evidence other than your statement about what happened next. For all we know, the woman may have instigated the whole thing. If what you've stated is true, then of course the guide really screwed up and is probably suffering a domestic disaster and dealing with the aftermath of bad judgement.

Would you like for us all to pile on and confirm your assertion that the guide screwed up? Do you have a cautionary tale to go with this? The next time you do something stupid in your life would you like for someone to get a snapshot of the impending trainwreck and post it on the internet with a damning story?

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010   #3
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Happy Family

Looks like a pretty happy family to me.
Pool and a pond... Pond be good for you.
Stiff N' Wett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010   #4
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
"here's your paddle...and can I take your family's photo so I can show what a douche you are on mountainbuzz?"

The beautiful thing about running rivers is that we all can make our own judgements as to how much risk we want to take, including how much risk we take with our kids. That is OUR responsibility as a parent, not the government or someone else. Maybe a little much to run bridges with such a young one, but they are all wearing PFD's and the water is low!
rivermanryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010   #5
Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Not to mention... how do we know she's even prego? Not trying to call out this poor dudes wife as being overweight, but it could certainly go either way given that photo. In addition, how do we know he's a "guide". Just cause he has a rescue vest and a river knife doesn't mean he's had any training. Sorry, like stated above, it looks like a family having fun on some class I-II.

I think the saddest thing about all of this is that you or someone you know made it your computer wallpaper. You really want to look at that every time you get on your computer?
nmalozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010   #6
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
I posted a picture of, in my opinion, a douche bag raft guide. I am wondering what you all think?
I think that you wanted to be the hall monitor all your life and you didn't get to. You are still trying. Seek professional help. This is curable, but first you will have to pull your head out of your ass.

See some of your quotes below.

Ps: Are you a troll or alias? Seems like it.

Originally Posted by BrownTrout
What I heard about the death on the Gunnison is this. 2 adults male and female and three kids, two boys and girl, non family. The man lived in Denver but visited his house on the East river almost every weekend. I do not know his ability as a boatmen. One thing I did hear is neither of the adults were wearing a safety vest or helmet. I thought this was absurd seeing that the Gunnison is pumping at high water right now. It goes to show you that Colorado needs a law not only requiring enough vets on the boat but that the people wear them as well. Apparently the accident occurred in "non usual" area of CLASS II. Respect the river.
I don't really like to have that many vets on the raft. One or two and that seems more than enough. No disrespect to our military. As far as mandatory Life jacket laws and helmets on Class 2 - This has to be a troll. The rest of this post is .......drivel. I guess the whole thing is.

I agree, I like to ride my motorcycle without a helmet, fuck it, let the rescue team scrape my ass off the pavement. I also enjoy boating on water without a helmet or lifejacket, search and rescue is payed by our taxes right, they can save me. So personal responsibility and education is the answer huhn? Why are people still dying? People have know what a life jacket is for a while now. Why is there a law making sure there are enough life jackets on the boat? That must be bullshit to you too Billy D? I feel a law on the books would open peoples eye's and be education in itself. Remember Billy D, people also used to think driving drunk was a personal freedom too.
So we agree on a couple things. I don't think we should have a motorcycle helmet law and I also enjoy boating on water. Particularly without a helmet and lifejacket - especially on class 2.
Comparing that to drunk driving is a super elastic stretch or whatever grasp on reality you might have. But thanks.

Looks like there has been four deaths this year, three of the people did not have life-jackets on. I wonder if they knew the dangers of a river, especially without a life-jacket on. What's wrong with people wearing seat-belts? Whats wrong with people wearing life jackets. I repeat myself.... there needs to be a law that covers life jacket safety in a boat. Why do people have to take a hunter education course but not a whitewater education coursE? ASK YOURSELF THIS, WERE DID YOU LEARN RESPECT FOR THE RIVER? AND WHY IS IT NATURAL SELECTION IF SOMEONE DOES NOT KNOW HOW DANGEROUS A RIVER IS??? SEEMS LIKE BULLSHIT TO ME.
Shouts ( ALL CAPS). stamps feet. Slams door.
Rivers are very dangerous Senior Trout. I recommend that you stay away.
Good luck on the hall monitor job. I heard they were looking for a security guard out at the mall. You don't get a Taser until you have five years in. You may be able to exert your will on crowds on unruly tweeners though.

Oh I did look through the pics and your posts and the only douche I saw was you.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010   #7
Fort Collins, CO Summer Paddling Since: 2003
You all are crazy!

There are two pictures. The first one was two small to really be seen but if you read the thread that came along with that you will see that, yeah he swam his prego wife in Pinball on the bridges section of the Poudre. How do I know this, well two things. 1. I saw his drenched wife getting out of the river as said douche bad signals he's ok. 2. A friend of mine gave him his guide stick back and asked that he get the baby off the river. That's a class III run. So for all you assholes who think taking babies and pregnant women down rivers, unless it' a float, is an appropriate behavior, you should think again. RESPECT THE RIVER AND LIVE!
BrownTrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010   #8
Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
nmalozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010   #9
sh$t show voyeuor/host
Barnard(Marshall), North Carolina
Paddling Since: wen?
damn this is a good one
matt cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010   #10
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
This guys whole family is retarded. BrownTrout is right, the guy should not be rafting with a baby and a pregnant wife. They swam. Now the baby will be retarded like the dad.

P.S. The dad works for RMA I hear.

Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote