Mountain Buzz banner

What are you?

5K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  BoscoBoater 
#1 ·
So I was asked an interesting question the other day by a buddy of mine. While riding up the left my friend turned to me and asked

"I know you kayak, I know you ski and I know you Mnt. bike but what do you consider yourself deep in your core, a boater, a skier, or a biker?"

Without even thinking about it I replyed

"a boater!!!!"

I am a boater because I feel the most alive while on the water and no matter what other activity I am taking part in I would always rather be kayaking.

So my question to the buzz is, What are you and why?

P.S. you dont have to limit yourself to boater, skier, or biker. whatever you feel is your biggest passion to push you in life.

#5 ·
What I'm asking about isn't a description on your activities and you are right at some point they may no longer be a option, but rather a description of how you view yourself and the way you view the world around you because of that viewpoint. Your approach to the world is something learned over time and even tho at some point we wont be able to boat, hike, ski or explore the way we once did, your approach to the world around you will be molded from how you viewed yourself over your entire life.

#12 ·
Boating is my passion.....makes my heart happy & puts a smile on my face.
Lots of other interests, but none occupy my thoughts quite like the river.

#14 ·
space alien explorer of all type - BC skiing - snowboard racing - trad rock climbing - exhardboating - IK paddling - raft oaring - boogie board riding - hiking - sea kayaking - canoeing - diving - snorkeling - canadian hunter drinking - furniture building - butt rock guitar playing - shotgun toting - 2001 tundra with cab over camper driving - neanderthal - buzzard - fish squeezer

At the heart, I most identify as a climber I suppose (long trad rock climing that is)

#22 ·
I am a human that likes less humans. I am somebody that likes to see less commodification and /or profitization of rivers. Someone that perfers the enjoyment of what mother nature has lent to us. I am somebody that can sit, squat or lay next to a river and stare (lazy-eyed) at the water and relax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.