Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 04-20-2004   #1
What are opinions on s6f 193 for someone 6ft?

Im too heavy for the lower model so i would like feedback also on performance and outfitting such as footroom.

gtm900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004   #2
Would appreciate comparison of s6x/s6f/airhead.

im 205 and still growing. I dont want to keep buying boats evey year and would like to know the largest paddler weight without affecting performance on the s6f.

gtm900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004   #3
Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Just demoed an S6F 193 at Golden tonight - kudos to the Miser. I can't say much about the performance, since I was in a hurry and the hole was weak, but I can comment on comfort. I'm 6'2"/210#/34"/sz12 and I found that with the seat in the middle position, my toe knuckles were pressed hard against the inside of the bow. It was not comfortable at all. It would be nice if they would design some boats that are comfortable for tall guys who are too light to really enjoy designs like the T4 and Airhead. The SuperEgo was the last boat like that that I paddled.
Join up, suckas.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004   #4
ski/kayak bum
Caspian- I'm the same size as you and I really enjoy my airhead. It is tough to really get a feel for this boat in flatwater, but in a hole it is pretty ill. I also can't fit into the 193 s6f. I imagine that big guys would probably sink that boat pretty good.

double-a-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004   #5
professional dumbass
I am 6'4", 200lbs, 35" inseam and 13 feet...I have an s6 200 that is comfy and demoed the s6x 205 and was very comfy...I agree with you on the Super Ego as well. Hope that helps
mcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004   #6
I like the S6F193. I’m 5’11/ 210#/ 32”/10.5, so a little less leg to cram in there, but in all I have been very impressed with the boat. I paddled the Kingpin Icon 6.3 down Westwater last weekend, but had a chance to try out the F193 at Little D. That boat floats me significantly higher than the 6.3, and sits me higher than my Airhead in a bow/stern stall. The boat is extremely well balanced & moved around the water with lots of energy. I would have been happy to switch boats with the guy that let me try the F for the rest of the day, but he didn’t want to give it up.

I have always liked the S6, but was disappointed with the S6X last year. I can’t put my finger on it, but the hull just didn’t jive with me. I think I have this straight when I say that, simply speaking, the S6F is the S6X top on the S6 hull. That’s what I have heard & that is what it feels like. You obviously don’t have the length of the S6, but it seemed faster than the 6.3 & had all of the bennies of my Airhead without the boxy ends. My $0.02.
Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.
---- Yoda
spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004   #7
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
Hey Spencer, put down the bag of cheezey puffs & get back to the fitness regimen I had you on.
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004   #8
Dude: Grad school is filling out more than just my head. Paris & I were joking yesterday that I can probably put another 20 on before this boat is too small for me! mmmmm.... cheeeezey puuuufsss
Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.
---- Yoda
spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004   #9
That was an S6X you couldn't fit into, not the F. Maybe if you shed some of those pounds you'd be able to see over your gut & read the print on the boat properly.

I'll call you Monday when we get back from WW to plan for Tues. We're supposedly getting some heavy moisture out here the next few days. I hope it all melts Tuesday morning...

twitch is offline   Reply With Quote