Old 08-13-2007   #1
What a loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What can I say? Having the honor of sharing in Damons life - I learned early on who he admired and respected. Conrad was at the head of the class.

The Stikine!!!!!!!!!!! Damon wanted that river so bad! Knowing that Conrad had run it - it was enivitable that he would talk Conrad into doing it with him. And do it they did!!!!! I "believe" it was the first time that they actually ran V-drive.

All I know is that when they completed that trip - Damon was different. He had accomplished something that was important to him. Something that made him whole. I so respected him for that. But I may have missed the whole point - what was important to him was that he and Conrad had done it together. They had made decisions, taken chances and pulled the whole thing off!

Conrad - what a remarkable human being! You can't replace people like that. I will be there for his memorial.

I have nothing to offer but my presence, my heart, hugs and hopes for a future that allows all of us to follow our hearts.

Pops Miller

buenodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #2
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
You are a class act, Pops Miller! The boating community is a small one with a huge heart, please extend our collective heart to those that grieve the loss of Conrad. From Colorado Springs, Colorado and the Pikes Peak Whitewater Club.

TimWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #3
placerville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
so crazy getting my latest issue of kayak session yesterday with the big article about the stikine and the few who have completed it. conrad was all over the article. cool seeing the chalkboard with Damo's and Conrad's name on it.
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #4
Pops Miller
How can it be true? We all can imagine what those three are doing right now. We're all missing out.
craporadon is offline   Reply With Quote