Old 05-31-2011   #1
westwater trip with current h2o levels?

I have a permit for next week and have two good oarsman, no one knows what 30k-40k cfs is gonna look like. we have two experienced kayakers in addition. just lookin for some beta on what to expect

ncpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011   #2
Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
I haven't seen it often at these levels, but the two trips I did in this range (at 33K and 40K) - - were similar in that most of it is washed out BUT the current is really strong, there are some powerful laterals here and there and horrific eddy lines and boils. At Skull it will be piling up high on the rock-o'-shock and will take you there FAST if you don't get left. I don't recall much else, except really fast, powerful current. Not good for swimming. Be conservative and be ready to pull hard and work the oars to be where you want to be in the currents.

BCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011   #3
appreciate the info! Thanks
ncpat is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ruby Horsethief/Westwater current flows? keoki65 Whitewater Kayaking 2 03-04-2009 03:17 PM
Foxton at current levels in an IK? spthomson Whitewater Kayaking 2 06-03-2006 10:34 PM
How's shoshone at current levels? deepsouthpaddler Whitewater Kayaking 5 05-23-2006 08:44 PM
Grizzly Creek run on the Colorado at current levels J Whitewater Kayaking 3 06-28-2005 10:34 AM
What is Shoshone like at current levels? spthomson Whitewater Kayaking 1 03-18-2004 01:01 AM

» Classified Ads
AT Geronimo Glass Paddle...

posted by MaxInTexas

AT Geronimo straight shaft paddle with 30 degree offset. ...

AT and AT4 paddles

posted by CFriday

AT Paddle is a 194cm and AT4 paddle is 197. Both are in...

2016 Dagger Axiom 9.0 (LG)

posted by atom

2016 Dagger Axiom 9.0 Used a handful of times. Great...