Old 08-07-2011   #51
There still seems to be a question to some on if this happened or not. Here is a link:

Kibbey-Fishburn Funeral Home & Crematory: Obituaries

"So in two seconds, away we went, a sliding down the river, and it did seem so good to be free again and all by ourselves on the big river and nobody to bother us." -Mark Twain (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn)
Ed Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #52
I hope I live to be 77. I hope I can still get out and do rivers at 77. I hope I don't die a slow expensive death.

basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #53
Costa Mesa, California
Paddling Since: 1985
Originally Posted by basil View Post
I hope I live to be 77. I hope I can still get out and do rivers at 77. I hope I don't die a slow expensive death.
This. So true.
studytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #54
Mesa, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Salute to Mr. Halliburton. Thank you for your service to our country.
snakester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #55
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
I am with you

You have the best spirit...... you have a good heart.......!

Originally Posted by jr2hike View Post
I'm not sure how one who is not on the trip or involved with the trip in any fashion has the right to say that someone is in no condition to be on that trip. I've been involved with many trips with guests who were paraplegic, or in some cases quadriplegic, on either technical or high volume rivers. They were veterans who were made aware of the risk and chose to accept that risk, and had an amazing experience on the river. I am not aware if these folks were veterans but they were still more than capable of acknowledging and accepting the risks associated with rafting on Westwater Canyon with their families. I hope that if I am bound to a wheelchair in my older years, that someone will give me the opportunity to enjoy the thrill and pleasure of white water rafting, even if it kills me. To those guides who had that experience, kudos to you, for providing that opportunity to the people who probably would not have had it otherwise, and handling it as professionally as you did at the ramp after the trip.
Coloradorainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011   #56
Anywhere, Colorado
R.I.P Si, you will be missed.

Silasfan is offline   Reply With Quote