Old 01-17-2006   #1
Mad Scientist/Creeker
West Coast NZ photo contest!

Kokatahi Helicopters are looking for the best kayaking photos from the West Coast of NZ (Arahura River , Whataroa River , Styx, Taipo, Toaroha, Kokatahi , Hokitika , Whitcombe, Waitaha). The best photo will earn a free helicopter trip for you and one friend into any of the rivers listed on the Kokatahi website. To enter, register via the yakers forum where you can also find competition rules and instructions on how to upload the photos.

Photos will be published at Entries close 1 February 2006.#

This is Bruce Dando's company and they are simply looking for the best kayak photos from the West Coast of New Zealand for each of the rivers listed (multiple winners). If you win you get a free heli-trip and then you have an awesome excuse to get a plane ticket andget your silly ass over there.

RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006   #2
Mad Scientist/Creeker
Correction. One overall photo winner (2 people).

RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #3
Just wanted to throw out props to a local paddle shop on the west coast.
When the airline lost my boat and I needed to get it sent to the West Coast the airline kept jerking me around These guys not only gave me a great deal on a kayak hire (rental), but the owner personally dealt with Air NZ for me while I was out playing. She did what I couldn't, and seemed to be able to forced the airline to send the boat straight to her house pronto, at a lose of profit for herself no less.

I know this is just the way Kiwis are, but I still can't help but be amazed.

Kumara Kayaks Café is located in Kumara between Hoki and Greymouth. This is a new shop which rents boats and gear and has good food and comfy couches with stacks of boating videos and magazines. Even if you don't need gear, it is a great place to get out of the West Coast rain and hang out with other boaters.

The phone # is 0064 3 7369665
bigboater is offline   Reply With Quote