Old 07-28-2004   #1
webbing in golden

found: two camstraps, a biner, a waterskiing handle and about 50 feet of webbing in the current in one of the top drops in golden this morning. normally i would expect this kind of thing only from nonboaters, but the cams are a dead giveaway. yeah, i know it's lame to be stuck paddling in the playpark right now, but watch your lips if you are, because the dipshits are amoung us. if this gear is yours, contact me for your asswhoopin.

mccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #2
Denver (Philly Native), Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
ALL - Many boaters have already talked to these folks who set this up. They ARE NOT boaters, but some "Gnarly Surf Dudes" from Soutern Cali that just moved here. They have been using the rope to hold them on waves using fish style surf boards. If you see them, let them know not to leave their shit set up! I know the creek is multi-use, but school them pn water hazards and safety.

"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro" -HST
PhillyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #3
I kayak DH.
Greater tri cities metro area, Colorado
he is a boater

one of the guys IS a boater, he's one of the guys that got his gear melted @ fibark. If you want to give him his line & asswhooping his number is 278-6993 (josh)

p.s. you'd be jonesin too if you lost all your gear in one day!

Waterwindpowderrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #4
What do you mean by his gear being melted at Fibark?
ebaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #5
Those are my cam straps and webbing. I would like them back please and you can try to kick my ass as well. Thanks
Josh 303 278 6993
wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #6
hey, i'm all for getting a little surf any way you can, but when you lose a line in the water, at least put up a post. it was trailing about a foot under the water when i found it, hard to see and wrapped around a rock underwater. if you are too lazy to wade in to your nuts to retrieve your noose, i feel like you have abandoned your gear. one of the guys i was with kept your biner, your skiing handle is in the trash across the street, and your webbing is coiled nicely in a pile of dog poo under a tree close to where we found it.
Old 07-29-2004   #7

I looked for that gear for an hour. Whats your name and what do you boat?? I would like to meet you, thanks. Josh
wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #8
Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
Take it to Montrose boys

Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004   #9
What's in Montrose Kent?

Josh - you should have seen this coming...but you can still claim to be the only boogie boarder out there pulling off clean spins in #5....YOU THE MAN!

Can we add a boogie boarders forum to the buzz??? That would be eternally cool.
twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004   #10
my name is frank, i paddle a blue pop most wed. mornings and i suck. i once lost a rope in the water also. i called the companies that ran that stretch and put up a notice at the put-in explaining where i thought it was. a couple days later someone found it, and and i looked a little less like an ass. if you tried your best to find it, cool, just let us know it's there. if you posted something and i just missed it, then i owe you and apology; if not, it's time to start thinking about how bummed you would be if someone got hung up in it. i assume when you say you looked for an hour, you meant in the creek, not for the dog poo. man, you must really want that webbing.