Old 06-22-2006   #1
Wavesport EZG - Leaky

Anyone else noticing that their EZG tends to get a lot of water in it even when you remain upright throughout the run? I find that I am constantly having to empty mine. I have inspected my skirt and my bolts and washers all seem to be tight and in good shape. Just wondering if anyone has determined where the majority of this water comes in. I had an ACE prior and never had this problem using the same skirt. Thinking about covering bolts with silicone to see if that fixes the problem.

greenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #2
Metro Area, Colorado
I had my EZG warrantied over the winter. The first one really leaked (ended up having holes in the cockpit rim) so I always attributed it to those. But my brand new one (which is void of holes) leaks almost as bad. My brother used Gorilla Tape to cover all the screws and said it did help. I like the boat, but I never plan on staying dry inside, no matter what type of water I am on.

If anyone else has any ideas I'd love to hear 'em.

cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #3
pnw, Washington
yep, check for the cracks around the cockpit rim.
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #4
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Mine leaks more than I'd like it to, but I've always thought it was my skirt being old.

One technique is to put it in the back yard and fill it up with water. Once filled, see if water is seeping out anywhere.
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #5
pnw, Washington
That probably wont work for this crack. I think they are up by your knee. The water would leak out of the cockpit at the back before you hit this point. Take it into the bright sun and inspect the rim.
Old 06-22-2006   #6
The boats have issues. My first one had the holes under the cockpit rim. They sent me a new one and it also had holes in that area...many had this problem. The next new one had no holes but also takes in alot of water...turns out the drain plug is stripped and as such I don't even need to pull it out to drain water from the boat....quality control issues I think
Old Fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006   #7
pnw, Washington
The one I had was leak free and crack free.
Old 06-23-2006   #8
Mine also has extra holes drilled near the cockpit rim. Seems like someone mis-drilled, and then just put another hole in next to it to fix it without patching the first hole. I didn't see it untill I loosened the screws and looked under the washer. I used gobs of aquaseal around every screw and it stopped the leaking, for the most part. Prior to that I was emptying out about 3 gallons per hour, which was really annoying. Give the aquaseal a try...I think it should help.
holley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006   #9
Those holes in the cock pit are not drilled; they are from poor distribution of the plastic. In some cases the plastic is thin without a hole.. place a flashlight near the cockpit and you can see thin areas. The area around the holes or thin spots tend to crack. This seems to have been a common problem for the EZG, especially the 50, that WS thinks theyhave under contorl now.

Call to the dealer you bought the boat from regarding a warranty replacement.

super ez dave is offline   Reply With Quote