Old 01-28-2008   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
waterfalls and websites

I was looking on google images for some pics of Las Conchas ,a section of travertine drops similar to Cascadas Micos,found some but not the good ones,anyway discovered some sweet pics of Semuc Champey and the gnarly part of the Cahabon[google images las conchas guatemala] above where it goes into the cave.This section has been well known to river runners for years but i don;t think anybody's ever had the balls.I was bushwhackin and scrambling on boulders along the river scouting upstream ,it was solid v as far as i went,the guard was signaling me to stop,but I couldn't resist seeing what was up there ,I live for that shit.Got my ass chewed by the pint sized dude half my age when I came back,something about slippery rocks ,snakes ,and oh yeah the cave.He wasn't buying "soy experto kayakista y montanero y tengo los zapatos especial por esto typo de actividad[ my nike acg's]" mustv'e known I was a lowly duckier.Wonder what he'd have said if he saw us jumping of the 50 ft cliff at the outflow. If you go to that site,there is one pic of aguy jumping off a drop at las conchas at low water,then go to the bottom of the semuc champey story and scroll the pictures,gnar into the cave.There is a bridge about 15 ft or so you can jump off down stream 1/4 mileand KAM BA cave you wade hike swim with candles apx 2 km into the earth,with a waterfall to climb and small cliff jump in the cave ,for $3,shit like that costs $30 and up in nieghbooring Belize.Still got back to the lodge in time to have a misadventure on the Lanquin,paddling down to check out Wrong Way to Cape Town[v+].
Back to the point of this thread,I stumbled onto some awesome pictures of waterfalls/rapids in Zambia!!!!! Everybody knows about the Zanbezi ,but I had no idea ther were so many other rivers that look choice,ok alot of them are too big in both hieght and volumn,but there is alot of sweet looking stuff.What is every boater there so high on playboating and big water river running on the Zambezi to explore the creeks,I'M SURE SOME OF IT HAS BEEN DONE ,BUT HOLY SHIT.gOOGLE IMAGES ZAMBIA WATERFALLS,some German or Dutch site I can't seem to relocate had awesome pictures of waterfalls all over the world by counrty with gps coordinates.Remember that post about falls around Lake Superior,it's like that but covers numerous countries.

cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008   #2
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
sorry ,it's yahoo images;las conchas guatemala, not google images
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote