Old 07-13-2005   #1
Water war may lurk on horizon in Durango

Here's a link to the article in the Durango Herald regarding recreational water rights.

dgoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #2
The city needs to apply to maximize any rights they can before Isgar shuts it down with the next bill. Also Durango needs to do some improvements to the park.

We have at least 200 CFS in the park year round and we don't take advantage of it. the Park IMO is abony mess unless it is running around 2K or so. I've got (2) friends that ended up with serious stiches (BIGD) this year at flows over 2K. BigD has never had a kayak injury until playboating at the park and he has been running the sh*t for years.

There was an article in the paper a month ago about Brennan wating to do some improvements up the corridor. I totally agree. But $50,000. on the budget and minor improvements will help, but not take advantage of this great resource.

I would be all about doing fund raisers, contributing labor, whatever to make a real water park at Smelter.. and all the way up thru 9th St.

sward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #3
Send a message via MSN to Timmy
Yo Steve,

Good idea! I'd volunteer my time to help.

I guess the folks of Steamboat threw some partys to help raise enough money for their whitewater park.

I think there would be a lot of potential for raising some serious money for park improvements down here.

Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #4
Indian Hills, Colorado
Durango, pursue your RICD! Not only will it keep the Animas flowing through town, but it will help keep texas greedheads from building more shitty golf courses and gated developments upstream. Get ready for a battle though, those developers at Purg are gonna fight you tooth and nail!
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #5
Technology Partner, Littleton, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to mvhyde
well sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaat

firing line is ready on the left, firing line is ready on the right

There will be no damn dam building in the Upper A valley
mvhyde is offline   Reply With Quote