Mountain Buzz banner

Water on the Ark.

Tags
ark
2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  cadster 
#1 ·
Still some descent flows on the Ark. We are always excited to paddle in the fall with warm air and no crowds. Go have some fun.

River Flows

#3 ·
The release from Twin Lakes dropped 50 CFS.

Last week's Announcement had it staying up:

General Announcement - Friday, August 12, 2011
The Board of Water Works Pueblo is also currently releasing 75 cfs from Twin Lakes (reservoir operations not associated with the VFMP). The Board of Water Works Pueblo currently plans to stop the 75 cfs release from Twin Lakes sometime in mid October.

#5 ·
Tunnel got turned on again with out any change in the Twin release.

Granite is at 460 CFS and the Numbers PI is 450. The Numbers should be up 110 from Clear Creek below Granite. My impression has been that the Numbers PI gage has been reading low the past few weeks.

#8 ·
Interesting document. I was always told the water flowed through the river from Twin Lakes to the Granite Dam before dropping into an underwater pipe, and being moved up the hill. It would make more sense for them to try and keep the pipe at elevation from the reservoir though. Any idea where the pipeline runs? The only place I can think of would be the old stage road....but I have never seen any indication of it, and there would have to be some kind of service road following it, much as there is in Fourmile.....

#9 ·
The map on the second page shows the pipeline from Twin Lakes to the pump following the river. It looks to go under the river near the Granite dam. There's a manhole with a hook pipe in the air on river left at Pine Creek rapid that would seem to be above the underground pipeline.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.