Old 03-09-2004   #31
Lyons, 80540
Paddling Since: 1997
Prett sure the Cat was being facetious...

Juan E Thyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004   #32
Originally Posted by howlie
Tomcat, please stop, you are digging a hole, a funny one at that. Yes, there is the word, allot, in the dictionary, but it is entirely a different word than a lot. Allot has the same meaning as to appoint or prescibe. You did spell a lot wrong. As a college student, I have found that this misconception between the two words is a pet peeve amongst professors. Not to pick on you, because a s%$t load of people make this mistake, but you took it to the next level and embarrassed yourself again.
And why does it seem that every time I come accross bickering on the buzz, someone always seems to point out a miss-spelled word, as if it seems to point out weaknesses in ones rebottle. When in doubt, attack his spelling.

slapshot, brent, a-ron....You guys made me realize I need to read more. I used to be just like Chunderboy. I got hurt and realized, one can't live the dream forever.

well you got me. actually....after I posted I realized that I was incorrect on the usage of the word. Allot should be used in the context of "allocation" of something. I let it ride as I just knew someone would point that out. As to why I pointed out his mispelled word, it was becUase he had just called someone a halfbrain idiot. So how do you spell "cannot"?

tomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004   #33
The next zone, .
Spitter splatter – your religious background came out as the basis for your political thoughts. Remember the separation of church and state? Conservatives like yourself love to shove the “right” way to live down on all us lower free thinking beings.

Here is what it breaks down to for me. DUBA has two wars going on where men, women, and children are being killed everyday by AMERICANS. The flat out truth. Here in the hills I am hearing stories from returning 20 year old kids about shooting 600+ rounds of ammo without a known target. Just peppering the surrounding buildings because someone heard a shot. They are bragging about the number of spent cases that they turn in. I am no genius but I know what 1 single bullet can do and 600 by one kid with no target? This kid said that over 4000 rounds were let loose in this one situation. I would think that even a staunch supporter of Duba has to have a conflict with this but maybe not. And for what? Not the Mass Destruction weapons that Duba preached before the war started – there are none. Not for the well fare of the people – Haiti and many other countries with no oil do not deserve help. Oh yea it was for the oil and to make sure that all the oil barons keep contributing to that war chest so Duba can be re-elected then proceed to make more $ for all his overly wealthy friends. Tell me spitter do you feel safer since we almost unilaterally destroyed a rather defenseless country for the benefit of a few rich fat white guys. Not to mention that the actions of Duba have riled up a hornets nest in the Muslim world that all Americans be dealing with for the next 30 or so years. Well you are right we should be worrying about gay marriage, overly liberal college professors, drugs, and our damn civil liberties that are in the way of the war on terrorism rather than a few thousand dead innocent Iraqis. In my soul I find a problem supporting Duba and these policies but I guess that you do not. And spitter if you truly support these policies put a duba in 04 sticker on your paddle and see how you are perceived by your fellow boaters this summer.
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004   #34
Yo Chunderboy,
I hear you been hangin with the boys you despise most. Front Rangers. I want to commend you brah, on your feeble attempt at alienating front rangers. While humerous on the surface I feel it is the sign of a deeper seeded emotional problem like being taken away from your mothers nipple to soon.

As far as the Vail boys go you must be mistaken because while you were dialing Dowd we were up greasing Gilman Gorge. And as far as your attempted Chunderflip my Grama has had better attemps than you Brah.

And by the way word to your mother.

Vail Chode
vailchode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004   #35
CB rulzssssss

CB i remeber meeting u at the gore race this past year and i have never had a better time. thanks for the laughs
addicted to liquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004   #36
Fruita, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
hee hee haw

Spectacular! I do believe Chunderboy may have met his match for sheer vociferous dogged persistence. I don't care what you all say, I like this Splat boy, and greatly respect his right to differ. Personally, I disagree with alla you, but SOMEbody's got to argue against the majority. For God's sake: who ever said kayaking had anything to do with anything except hydraulics? It's the great equalizer for us all, our point in common. Stoooopid to start picking apart all our differences....economics and politics and religion and socialized medicine just go on, and on, and on, and on, and there's websites and talk radio and beta without end if ya want it. But what's really important is spring flows, right? Anyway, tear it up, don't cost anything and nobody has to read it that doesn't want to, after all.

willpaddle4food is offline   Reply With Quote