Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2012   #21
dillon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Do NOT email the ranger. Email his superiors, and write very polite, nice letters on why you feel this ranger is not an appropriate pick for Lee's Ferry.

Old 04-14-2012   #22
silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
There is nothing worse than a bored cop, especially one with a vindictive little man complex, an email and snailmail deluge to the park HQ will take care of him, just be positive and state that every other ranger has been courteous and helpful. I forget the rangers name but back in 98 my trusty old chevy with 250k miles developed an oil leak on the way to LF and he gave me 3 qts of oil and would'nt accept any money , GREAT guy! Hopfully this d bag will be sent packn SOON!

Old 04-14-2012   #23
Pugetopolis, Washington
Paddling Since: 96
In the meantime,somebody please photoshop some dick and balls on his head
Old 04-14-2012   #24
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Originally Posted by captishmael View Post
I think the dude has a scary attitude, and he's armed. Maybe advise him of a possible opening in the Ft Collins Police Force, they are always looking for a few more good men like this-

I don't get it. The cop intentionally provoked the possibly inebriated citizen. When the provocation worked, the citizen gets arrested for Assaulting an Officer. If the cop truly wanted to create space between himself and dude boy, he could have done that without the physical provocation. Unprofessional, Ineffective, Dangerous. This is how stuff escalates, folks!

Fort Collins Police are a nightmare. I was out at the bars one night and some stupid frat boys got in a fight. Police came in and maced the whole crowd that was trying to get out of their way. They all need to be sent to a real city with real crime until they figure out that there job is to protect and serve, not to harass and abuse. Also watch out for the WY state trooper in Saratoga near N Platte canyon. He has a black hole where his heart is supposed to be...... I wish the good cops would put pressure on these douche bags that give them all a bad name. Maybe talk them into joining some mercenary company over in sand land where they can get blown up and make the world a better place.
Old 04-14-2012   #25
Salida, Colorado
Daniel Hovanec Mug Shot
No amount of money is worth your free time!
Old 04-15-2012   #26
Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1990
Originally Posted by whip View Post
Way too old.......
Old 04-15-2012   #27
Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
I love the irony of this thread. They dude is busting us for doing something illegal and we're going to write to his boss to complain and have him reassigned, like having a GC permit somehow makes us above the law.

Now before you jump on my ass I understand the whole situation, it's a petty BS offense, that the FS has set a precedence of overlooking. The situation sucks and I hope he gets a new place to work or his attitude adjusted but it’s still funny that we're complaining about not being able to break the law.
Old 04-16-2012   #28
Jenks, Oklahoma
"it's a petty BS offense, that the FS has set a precedence of overlooking"

That is just the problem. Based on what has been posted this officer is spending a lot of time on petty B/S things and using entrapment techniques to ticket folks for things that should be "overlooked". Drunk drivers should be put in jail, but my bet is very few folks get tipsy working their sweat glands over time in the blazing Arizona sun.

My bet is there are a lot more important to the safety of boaters and care of the Grand Canyon area that he could be doing than hiding in the bush playing sniper for folks who working and sweating big time in the open area at the rig area.
Old 04-16-2012   #29
aka The Curmudgeon
Hopelessly Stuck in Yesterday, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
" but its still funny that we're complaining about not being able to break the law."

I don't think that's the issue. We live in a very complex society with an immense number of often contradicting laws. I have no doubt that every one of us is somehow breaking some law every day. No doubt whatsoever. The issue becomes one of overzealous law enforcement, possibly with underlying social issues, trapping a citizen with the letter of the law. Let law enforcement personnel enforce the intent of the law, no one on this thread has yet complained about that. To intentionally create a situation where the average Joe is in violation of a statute? That's not law enforcement, that's totalitarian fascism.

Just my two cents worth.
Don't Wanna Die Askin' for Another Chance
Old 04-16-2012   #30
flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 89
High and Tight

It seems the Lee's Ferry Rangers have run a pretty good ship over the years. Peggy, and Dave have set up some pretty good rules to keep the ramp clear and working efficiently. Working it day in and day out must get old and they are pretty approachable and still work the humor when given the chance.

It might be good to use the info to the advantage and not give him anything to ruin the trip. High and Tight at Lee's Ferry Negative testimonials might eddy him out at Lee's Ferry forever

Closed Thread